Coordinator of Football Operations
Requisition # 2017-7660
Date Posted 6/13/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline 6/20/2017
The mission of Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct. In keeping with this mission, the role of the Coordinator of Football Operations is to assist in providing a quality varsity program which will challenge and develop the physical, mental and personal abilities of student-athletes of a Division I program.
Reporting to the Head Football Coach, the responsibilities of the Coordinator of Football Operations at Princeton University include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Head Coach with team aspects of football program, including team meeting preparation, motivational videos, etc.
- Organize daily practice (schedules, equipment needs, lifts, etc.).
- Manage current depth chart and future recruiting depth charts for head coach.
- Coordinate all aspects of team travel (hotel, bus, meals).
- Schedule all team meals.
- Reserve all team meeting rooms and practice fields.
- Coordinate recruit mailings and mass emails to prospects.
- Enter all athletic evaluative tools, such as video links, academic info, and transcripts into ARMS database
- Collect and interpret highly confidential academic information of prospective student-athletes.
- Plan internal logistics for all recruiting weekends including travel, meals, meetings, identifying student hosts, and the NCAA and Ivy League official visit compliance forms.
- Plan internal logistics for junior visit days and meet with walk-in summer unofficial visitors when necessary.
- Serve as host to all game day recruiting events.
- Coordinate recruiting calendar with Recruiting Coordinator.
- Serve as liaison with athletic department staff and University personnel.
- Oversee institutional rosters.
- File all NCAA compliance forms.
- Oversee NCAA Clearinghouse for freshmen.
- Order and distribute all recruiting services to assistant coaches.
- Supervise production of season highlight film.
- Oversee all social media (Twitter account, Facebook) and the Princeton Football website.
- Maintain email@example.com email account and filter incoming messages.
- Serve as Pro Scout liaison.
- Assist with alumni functions.
- Adhere to Ivy League and NCAA regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Necessary computer skills such as word processing, mail merging, and desktop publishing.
- Must have database manipulation knowledge.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must recognize the importance and of recruiting to the success of the football program.
- Must be trusted with confidential material.
- Applicant must know NCAA recruiting rules and pass compliance test annually.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard Hours
nights and weekends required
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.