Commissary Expeditor - Bake Shop
Requisition # 2017-7663
Department Campus Dining
Category Food Services and Dining
Date Posted 5 months ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Campus Dining is committed to the success of our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors by nourishing them to be their healthy best while caring for the environment. If you are a chef by profession, love to mentor and teach, are a student at heart, and believe that community engagement happens around food, we'd love to hear from you! We welcome team members who share our passion for serving and caring for our community through exceptional dining experiences. In collaboration with our campus partners, we craft culinary programs that deliver unique memorable experiences. Campus Dining brings together expertise in culinary, wellness, sustainability, procurement and hospitality to develop innovative programs in support of our diverse community. Our award winning food program is based on scientific and evidence-based principles of healthy sustainable menus that are prepared by our culinary team with high-quality ingredients.
We invite you to be part of our dynamic culinary team, grow as an individual and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
- Makes bake shop and warehouse deliveries, receives large incoming warehouse shipments, and assists in bakery production.
- Inspects for quality and damage, checks and verifies shipment against bill of lading.
- Receives, unpacks and sorts incoming merchandise.
- Keeps appropriate records including periodic inventories and daily receiving logs.
- Stores stock in proper storeroom at proper temperature, and maintains a constant rotation of stock through the FIFO (first-in/first-out) method.
- Documents and attaches appropriate bills of lading to freight shipments.
- Assist in preparation of breads, rolls, muffins, cookies, pies, cakes, biscuits, and other pastries, including icings and frostings, according to established recipes.
- Observes all New Jersey State Health codes and Regulations including proper hand washing and use of gloves.
- Packs, wraps, boxes or crates bakery products to be shipped.
- May load or unload merchandise from cars or trucks.
- Makes deliveries in University vehicles of foodstuffs and supplies.
- Maintains and monitors inventory control by properly securing storerooms, refrigerated units, and vehicles. Checks deliveries to assure accuracy and quality. Monitors storage locations to assure proper temperatures.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervisors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's licence
- Record of trustworthiness
Essential Job Functions
- Stand or walk up to 2 hours at one time for a total of 6-8 hours per day.
- Sit for less than 2 hours during an 8 hour day.
- Drive for no more than 60 minutes at one time.
- Lift or carry up to 50 pounds frequently (34 - 64% of the workday).
- Lift or carry up to 100 pounds occasionally (less than 33 % of the workday).
- Push or pull using forces up to 100 pounds occasionally (less than 33% of the workday).
- Lift up to 50 pounds in a range of motions from floor to overhead and 100 pounds to waist height.
- Frequently use hands for simple grasping, fine manipulation, pushing, or pulling (34 - 66% of the workday).
- Kneel, climb stairs or ladders, or knee stand occasionally (less than 33% of the work day).
- Reach or lift overheard, bend, or squat frequently (33 - 66% of the workday).
- Work on loading docks under variety of environmental conditions, and under a variety of temperature conditions (e.g., kitchens, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, etc.).
- Possess ability to work at heights from the proper conveyance (ladders, lifts, etc.), physical agility and full range of motion, and ability to maintain balance.
- Show initiative and judgment in handling and issuing supplies.
- Must acquire fork lift certification.
- Ability to drive University lift-gate delivery vehicles. Some stockroom experience desirable; kitchen production skills desirable.
- Must be familiar with principles of sanitation in storage and rotation of stock and supplies.
- Must be able to interpret specifications on purchase orders and invoices.
- Must be accurate and prompt in receiving stock and filling requisitions of supplies.
- Must be honest, accurate, and capable of making simple arithmetic calculations.
- Must work cooperatively with others.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
SEU-Service Employees Inter Union
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University requires some candidates to complete a physical capacity exam successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of physical capacity exam may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to our careers site.