Commercial PV Designer III
Produce Photovoltaic site plans, one/three line electrical drawings, elevations, and equipment details utilizing AutoCAD software. Drawings to include all views and dimensions necessary for permitting and installation. Make copies of drawings and maintain information regarding changes to database. Make simple to complex decisions but discuss more complex issues with Engineers or Supervisor. Have a solid understanding of drafting and PV techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Use AutoCAD to develop detailed drawings for residential and commercial photovoltaic systems.
- Utilize knowledge of photovoltaics, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Understand the requirements of the National Electrical Code, the International Building Code (IBC) and other related codes and standards.
- Know building department and utility company requirements in relationship to photovoltaic design.
- Communicate with structural and electrical engineers, installers, project managers, sales representatives, and building departments regarding designs..
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organized file system for Drawings and other project documents.
- Update drafting and engineering standards.
- Prepare submittal packages for building departments and assist in the permitting process.
- Prepare energy models and understand performance characteristics of solar arrays.
- Conduct site inspections of proposed project sites.
- Inspect completed installations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications.
- Supervise or train other employees or external parties as necessary.
Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee will be asked to infrequently climb ladders and roof hatches on project sites.
The employee must infrequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or at least one year of related experience.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), the International Building Code (IBC) and other related codes and standards.
- Experience creating designs with the goal of minimizing safety risk.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports, operating instructions and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- High skill level in AutoCAD software. Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn new graphic software to compliment the presentation of new designs.
- OSHA and NFPA70E training a plus.
- Construction experience a plus.
Dynamic green energy construction company, located in the Central Valley of California.
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 13:37:14 PDT