The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences invites applications for a full-time instructor position with certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to teach primarily in our graduate nursing program beginning August 2017. The position includes online, laboratory, and clinical teaching in the core and specialty courses in the Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program option. This is a 9-month academic appointment with expectations for teaching and service as described by the college and university.
Examples of Work Performed
- Teach graduate students in online education.
- Select learning experiences and guide students in achieved desired outcomes.
- Participate in the evaluation process of students in achieved desired outcomes.
- Participate in the evaluation process of students and faculty.
- Participate in curriculum development.
- Engage in activities that advance the mission and goals of the College.
- Maintain clinical advanced practice nursing and academic expertise.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use an online teaching platform and basic IT applications.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Current, unrestricted RN and APRN licensure in the State of Colorado
- Master of Science in Nursing
- National certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Three years practice as an advanced practice nurse
- Previous teaching experience in undergraduate or graduate nursing program
- Previous experience with curriculum development and evaluation
Special Instructions to Applicants:Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by 6/26/17 will receive full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40082 - Beth-El Grad Nursing
Posting Date: Jun 13, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carole Traylor
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00440304