JOB NO.: 90328-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90328-AS
Working Title: Admissions Counselor
Official Title: SR STUDENT SERV COORD(T25BN) or STUDENT SERVICES CORD(T25DN) or ASSOC STU SERV COORD(T25FN)
Hiring Department: A051000-ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT/ADMISSIONS
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 27, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $38,500 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Prior experience in admissions at a selective college or university is preferred.
- Two years of experience in attracting, recruiting, admitting, and enrolling students at a selective institution and/or in high volume admissions office preferred. UW-Madison graduates with tour guide, admissions volunteer, or other relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience evaluating applications through a holistic selective admissions process at a four-year institution preferred.
- Proven ability to work with individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
- Evening and weekend work required during peak times.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, significant public speaking experience, and excellent customer service awareness.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Strong facility with the use of computers, office software applications, and database systems.
- Ability to travel locally, nationally, and possibly internationally.
- Facility to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Capacity to thrive in a high volume and fast-paced office.
License or certificate:
This position involves travel. A valid driver's license is required to operate a state vehicle. The person hired must be able to operate a state vehicle or provide his/her own transportation.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison invites applications to fill several Admissions Counselor positions in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment. The incumbents will join a team that represents the university to freshman and transfer prospective students, with a goal of attracting, recruiting, admitting, and enrolling a talented, geographically diverse student body.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison invites applications to fill several Admissions Counselor positions in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment. UW-Madison is a major research university, nationally and internationally renowned. The Office of Admissions and Recruitment recruits nationally, handles hundreds of inquiries each day, and receives nearly 42,000 undergraduate applications annually. Our fall review includes 36,000 freshmen and 6,000 transfer applications. In addition, we evaluate 184,000 transfer credits each year for new and continuing students.
The incumbents will join a team that represents the university to freshman and transfer prospective students, with a goal of attracting, recruiting, admitting, and enrolling a talented, geographically diverse student body.
These full-time academic staff positions are available with a desired begin date of May 15, 2017. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered, with title and salary dependent on qualifications. The minimum starting salary is $38,500.
The mission of the Division of Enrollment Management (Offices of Admissions and Recruitment, Student Financial Aid, Registrar, and Integrated Student Information Systems) is to provide access to higher education and collaborate with campus partners to ensure student success. We are committed to the highest standard of service for our students, colleagues, visitors, and other customers. Staff will serve as role models by practicing exemplary, respectful and inclusive behaviors in all of our interactions.
Eligibility to legally work in the United States without sponsorship is required by the anticipated start date of the position.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now and submit ONE pdf file containing the following:
1) a letter of interest which highlights work experience in higher education that includes application review, counseling students and parents, recruiting domestic, multicultural and international students, event planning, and marketing and communications.
2) a resume, and
3) contact information for three references.
Online applications must be received by the application deadline for ensured consideration. Failure to submit complete application materials may result in ineligibility for this position. A criminal background check will be conducted on all finalists. Eligibility to legally work in the United States without sponsorship is required by the anticipated start date of the position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 13 Apr 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 22 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time