Autism Center - 132710
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
The UNT Kristin Farmer Autism Center (KFAC) conducts evidence-based direct services, research, and training to positively impact individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, their families, and the community.
The Autism Center Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Academic Professional to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Providing for the instructional and therapeutic needs of clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
* Implementing skill acquisition and and behavior-reduction plans developed by Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
* Engaging in ongoing data collection and analyses of client performance on individual goals and objectives.
* Maintaining awareness of trends and best practices in the area of autism intervention.
* Assisting clients with physical needs and personal care according to their needs, including lifting, positioning, feeding, toileting, and personal hygiene
* Attending and participating in staff meetings, training, and special events as required.
* Performing other related duties as job may change over time in accordance with the ongoing needs of the department.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in special education, applied behavior analysis, early childhood, child development, play therapy, child psychology or other major related to children and adolescents; and one year of related experience. Some positions may require early childhood program teaching experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience working with individuals with ASD.
* Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practices.
* Ability to serve as a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary team in making decisions regarding client programming.
* Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes.
* Develop knowledge and awareness of KFAC policies and procedures, an demonstrate KFAC Core Values.
* Willingness to obtain chauffeur's license and operate KFAC bus.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting