University of Colorado Denver
CU South Denver location
Position #734738 - Requisition 09905
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
CU South Denver has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Executive Assistant position.
CU South Denver is managed by the University of Colorado Denver, a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. All four CU campuses - CU Anschutz Medical Campus, CU Boulder, CU Colorado Springs, and CU Denver - collaborate in the success of the CU South Denver expansion. Located east of I-25 along Lincoln Ave. in Parker, the building was donated to the University of Colorado in 2015. The gift of the entire building and operations allows for more services, more convenience, and more value to be delivered to South Denver residents, employers, and business professionals. Classes are offered for degree-seeking and continuing education students and include popular interest areas such as nursing, engineering, education and business. CU South Denver serves as a cultural center and community asset, including an art and natural history museum, a large-screen movie theater, K-12 museum education programs, and community events for all ages. Catered event space for business, weddings and the community are available for rent. CU South Denver is a fun, educational place to work and help others.
This Executive Assistant position provides administrative support to the Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development and leadership team reporting to the Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development. This position also coordinates day-to-day activities of Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development, handling a broad range of inquiries and assignments. The position possesses project management skills, effective analytical and problem-solving skills; works well under pressure; and has the ability to handle complex and concurrent tasks. The position exercises initiative to achieve goals and objectives, maintains confidentiality and establishes and maintains positive working relationships.
Examples of Work Performed:
- As first point of contact for Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development, position engages diplomacy/public relations skills to appropriately address and/or refer contacts from staff, community leaders, Deans, faculty and visitors.
- Acts as Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development's "right-hand" in presentation, meeting and constituent contact situations.
- Communicates positively with constituents from all levels of the University as a whole and the community at large.
- Schedules meetings and screens phone contacts directed to Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development. Must be able to determine appropriate meeting length/content/invitee list as well as construct and gather meeting materials as needed both independently and in consultation with Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently manipulate outlook software for scheduling purposes.
- Ensure phone coverage when away from desk including lunch hours and time off.
- Schedules appropriate staff for meetings and conferences on behalf of Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development when necessary.
- Prepares Travel Authorizations, coordinates travel arrangements for Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development in preparation for trips.
- Follows up in a timely manner on all reconciliations and reimbursements.
- Maintains meeting minutes and SharePoint site for Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development on a daily or as needed basis.
- Anticipates the needs of the department and Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development. Is able to independently evaluate meeting requests and prioritize constituent contacts as well as determine the appropriate responses to those requests and issues including referral to other departments or offices.
- Accurately prioritizes calls and, when appropriate, addresses quickly in a professional manner personally.
- Serves as liaison between the unit, other administrative offices on campus, sister institutions and system offices.
- Undertakes special projects for Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development including creation of reports and other written materials in a professional manner suitable for dissemination.
- Establishes and maintains activities needed to ensure the office workflow including scheduling meetings and department wide events, distributing communications and being a resource within the department for policies, procedures and general administrative support.
- Manages general office administration and operations including inventory and supply ordering.
- Handles/maintains/develops routine correspondence and materials, extremely sensitive and confidential employee information, and PeopleSoft access for limited payroll and reporting purposes.
- Schedules meetings, generates agendas and minutes, distributes communications and gathers relevant background information for Vice Chancellor for Enterprise Development.
- Manages department event planning including all hands staff meetings, official functions, and annual recognition events.
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree. Related administrative support experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the degree.
- Professional experience with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and scheduling software.
- Professional experience screening and directing phone calls and messages.
- Professional experience scheduling and coordinating meetings, events and official functions.
- Experience working in a university environment.
- Familiarity and experience with Concur, or similar procurement and travel software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and scheduling software.
- Expert ability to work in a team environment, develop effective interpersonal relationships, provide polite persistence when needed, provide superior customer service, and communicate verbally and in writing.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Human Resources email@example.com
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July 7, 2017. Those who do not apply by July 7, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 60137 - ADM-VCSD Administration
Posting Date: Jun 13, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: CU South Denver Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00734738