TREE CREW LEAD
JOB NO.: 102268-US
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: FP&M PP SERVICES GROUND
Categories: Agricultural, Animal, Biological and Life Sciences, Facilities, Skilled Trades, Maintenance, Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences, Plant Sciences
Employment Class: University Staff-Ongoing
Position Vacancy ID: 102268
Working Title: TREE CREW LEAD
Official Title: GROUNDS CREW LEAD(90170)
Hiring Department: A717080-FACILITIES PLNG AND MGMT/FP&M PP SERVICES GROUND
Term: This is an Ongoing appointment
This lead worker position is responsible for guiding and directing the activities of permanently assigned and temporary employees. The scope of duties includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
* Perform and oversee tree and shrubbery maintenance
* Assist with the layout of planting sites
* Oversee various and diverse landscape projects
* Establish and maintain a woody plant holding including nursery area
* Assist in locating and selecting planting stock and related landscape materials
* Record and maintain inventories of tools and chemicals
* Research and evaluate new products and equipment
* Provide basic training for temporary employees and entry level permanent help.
Work is performed under general supervision of the Buildings and Grounds Supervisor.
The University of Wisconsin Madison, Physical Plant, is committed to the highest standard of customer relation's principles for its customers, fellow staff members, students, and visitors. Staff will serve as role models by practicing exemplary behaviors when working with customers and fellow staff members.
7:00 am - 3:30 pm, with a 30 min unpaid lunch break, Monday - Friday.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process.
Starting pay is based on experience and qualifications, with a minimum starting rate of $15.83 an hour.
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter.
In your cover letter please describe the following, along with the responsibilities related to the areas identified (e.g management, supervisor, leadworker, or project team Lead):
1. Your experience with snow removal, and working outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
2. Your experience with plant care. (i.e. removals, planting, maintaining, chemical treatment) Please include professional or personal experience.
3. Your experience with motorized equipment and handtools.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Probationary Period will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 13 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 3 Jul 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time