Reports To: Vice President of Operations
AUAF is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of “Compliance Manager” to begin in July 2017.
The Compliance Manager will oversee compliance and reporting for all grants, contracts and MOUs at American University of Afghanistan. S/he will be responsible for managing all data and information related to the entire portfolio of grants, contracts, and MOUs held by AUAF; tracking compliance markers; and ensuring timely, accurate, and comprehensive reports. S/he will also contribute to development of high quality funding proposals and programmatic and budgetary monitoring.
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is Afghanistan’s only private, non-profit university. Founded in 2006, AUAF currently offers four undergraduate degrees, an MBA, and professional development and training through its Centers of Excellence (International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development, Business Innovation Hub, and Professional Development Institute).
Description of Duties
The Manager is responsible for the overall requirement compliance for all grants, contracts, MOUs and other agreements held by the university, including the following duties:
- Monitor and facilitate compliance of programs with donor and AUAF requirements and raise issues affecting external/internal compliance, projected inabilities to meet contractual obligations, report submission, and significant budget variances, as well as proposing remedial solutions to the senior administration.
- Establish standards, procedures, and policies to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the project are effective and efficient in preventing, detecting, identifying, and correcting noncompliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, USAID policies, and USAID/Afghanistan Mission Orders and Implementing Partners Notices.
- Ensure compliance to organizational policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Provide internal reports on a regular basis, and as directed, keep senior management informed of the progress of compliance efforts.
- Lead all donor reporting processes, coordinating with the relevant unit heads to ensure timely submission of high quality programmatic and financial reports.
- Ensure quality information management through regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, and internal documentation.
- Provide technical guidance on core donor (USAID and US government) regulations to ensure compliance in program implementation and reporting.
- Contribute to the grants review process and support the Development Office as needed in the development and coordination of high quality proposals, memoranda of understanding, or concept notes for submission to donors.
- Build capacity of staff in report writing, monitoring and other topics related to compliance.
- Support the senior administration team in other key grants management, program development, monitoring and evaluation, communications and external relations activities as requested.
Required Position Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, business, law, or other relevant major.
- At least three years experience in development programs.
- Prior experience in grants management and compliance, including experience in USAID-funded grants.
- Excellent data management skills.
- Excellent writing skills, including familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- Prior experience in supervision and management of staff, including capacity building and training.
Required Basic Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills in English
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within limited timeframes
- Excellent analytical, project management, and organizational skills
- Master’s degree in international relations, business, or other relevant major.
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Rules (FAR).
To apply send a cover letter, résumé, and list of 3 professional references as one PDF document attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Compliance Manager” in the email subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Compliance Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly