Dean of Student Affairs
Dean of Student Affairs
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09074
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 722 SW 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Management; Level O; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: **Salary Information: Full Annual Range: $96,959 to $140,156. Generally, new employee starting salary will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
Job Close Date: Please apply by July 10, 2017 for best consideration
Portland Community College is accepting application for Dean of Student Affairs
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of Student Affairs at PCC, in collaboration with experienced leaders and professionals dedicated to serving our students and faculty. As Dean of Student Affairs, you will develop, manage and improve programs and strategic student initiatives, both at the district level, and in conjunction with Campus Deans at each of PCC's four campuses. You will have a daily, direct impact on the College's mission, as decisions you make will directly affect students and student success.
PCC serves nearly 80,000 full-time and part-time students, from all walks of life in the Portland area. We are committed to a culture which values human diversity and cultural competency for our students, our employees, and our partners. It is critical that the Dean of Student Affairs brings a strong focus on intercultural competence, equity and inclusion to the role.
In the official responsibilities, this collaborative administrator manages district-wide functions, including policy and procedure development, in all aspects of Student Affairs, and assists in the development of strategic student initiatives such as enrollment and retention strategies, and financial aid disbursement. In all duties, this leader acts to continually promote a student-oriented culture that ensures access, sustains educational excellence, fosters student development, and strengthens services to support high levels of student achievement and success.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, please apply today!
Portland Community college supports student success by delivering access to quality education while advancing economic development and promoting sustainability in a collaborative culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Read more about PCC's newly adopted Strategic Plan at http://www.pcc.edu/about/administration/strategic-plan/ and explore how our plan is framed around these six interconnected themes and values:
Think Smart: Provide Outstanding, Affordable Education
Think Bold: Drive Student Success
Think Fearless: Ignite a Culture of Innovation
Think Powerful: Transform the Community through Opportunity
Think Proud: Create a National Renowned Culture for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Think Accountable: Achieve Sustainable Excellence in All Operations
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body.
Here is our Intended Recruitment Timeline
- June 9, 2017: Job Announcement Published
- July 10, 2017: Deadline for Preferred Applications
- Week of August 3, 2017: Semi-finalist Video Interviews
- Week of August 21, 2017: Finalist On-Campus Interviews & Tours
To apply for this position, please submit the following
1. Responses to the Required Questions from the Committee - scroll to see questions below - (attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Typical Job Responsibilities
- Providing leadership in planning, implementing and evaluating registration services, student records and student information systems activities for the college.
- Providing oversight for class schedules by coordinating activities among multiple departments to ensure continuity of operating activities among various sites.
- Providing leadership direction to financial aid in long-term planning of student assistance programs for financial aid and veterans offices.
- Overseeing the administration of program compliance, academic progress, graduation evaluations, transfer credit evaluations and annual commencement ceremony and related activities.
- Directing the daily operations of the office of disability services to ensure equal access for students with disabilities.
- Providing direction and oversight of Title III grant projects to improve student retention.
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements.
- Master's degree in any academic field from an accredited college or university
- Eight (8) years progressively responsible college administration experience in student services, enrollment, or instruction
Preferred Qualifications These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths.
- Professional experience in one or more of the areas within the administrative oversight of this position; preferably demonstrating a working knowledge of student access, retention and completion practices
- Demonstrated strong leadership in times of change
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative leadership that supports a shared vision and demonstrates skills of inclusion
- Demonstrated passion for working with this segment of higher education and commitment to diminishing existing achievement gaps for marginalized student groups. Demonstrate cultural competency across multiple settings. Demonstrate commitment to diversity and inclusion of students and staff.
- Strong leadership skills in organization, planning, fostering and maintaining partnerships, and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to take an idea and guide it to implementation and practice; including overseeing development of program outcomes, assessment, and continual improvement practices.
- Able to show positive impact of strong communication, intercultural and interpersonal skills
Additional Posting Information:
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Notes to Applicant
- Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.