Web API & Data Integration Specialist (Analyst/Programmer - Expert)
Note: This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
Technology Services provides administrative information services, core services, and desktop support services to the Fresno State campus community.
Our department consists of a well trained team of individuals dedicated to providing effective technology and quality services and support that are integrated into the daily activities of the university community.
Working independently under general direction of the Director of Enterprise Applications and Information Systems in Technology Services, the Web API and Data Integration Specialist is a member of the work group supporting, integrating and developing web applications to support campus needs. The Web API and Data Integration Specialist is responsible for web application development, maintenance, integration and database development with common programming methodology in support of various campus business requirements. The Web API and Data Integration Specialist is responsible for code development, creating responsive layouts and conducting research to resolve complex computing problems as well as developing API's to integrate the various applications on campus. The incumbent is expected to have working knowledge of developing applications throughout the development lifecycle and utilizing data from various sources. The incumbent will be responsible for creating the data models and ETL methodology that will utilize the API's created to provide data to the various applications. Occasionally will present written/oral reports to committees and administration. This position may be assigned a variety of other tasks including documentation, application configuration and quality assurance testing.
Major Duties of the job include:
- Responsible for code development related to meeting the needs of campus business requirements using a common development methodology.
- Develop responsive layouts and conducting the research needed to assist and resolve complex computing problems.
- Develop and integrate the web applications with the various applications used by the campus and supported by Technology Services.
- Utilize their working knowledge of developing applications throughout the entire development lifecycle.
- Coordinate and develop data models that will be used by the various applications used by the campus and supported by the Enterprise Applications team
- Coordinate training and technical reviews of the technologies used in the Enterprise Applications department.
- Provide web development assistance related to the campus mobile app, Cherwell, OnBase and other systems as needed.
- The developer will research, develop and manage mobile applications, write programming and user documentation.
- The developer will also administer and maintain Web and server analytics systems, troubleshoot technical issues, support division websites and research new technologies and services
- Provide web development assistance to Innovation Team and CAIFE projects as needed.
Secondary Duties of the job include:
- Participation in User Teleconferences for the campus.
Knowledge, Skills &amp; Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience working with relational database systems
- Support skills for troubleshooting team or campus problems in person, email, or on the phone
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability developing web applications to support business needs
- Ability to:
- Apply consultative skills to assess user needs
- Manage projects throughout the development cycle
- Document solutions, software requirements and prepare requests for proposals
- Maintain consistent communication with management of project schedules and resource requirements
- Maintain effective working relationships with others
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related discipline. Qualifying experience may be substituted for required education.
- Five years or more experience working with backend Web Development.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Azure
- Experience with data modeling and with ETL tools
- Experience working with the Bootstrap Framework
- Experience with MVC development frameworks: Symfony, ASP.NET MVC5
- Experience working with Oracle Databases
- Excellent working knowledge of LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Demonstrated ability to consume and provide REST/SOAP services
- Thrive in a multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated ability with C# or PHP
- Experience administering Web analytics systems (e.g. Google analytics)
- Ability to develop with strict regard to accessibility
- Being comfortable discussing design and technical issues with campus clients
- Professional, logical, and highly motivated approach to work problems
- Customer satisfaction oriented
Applications received by June 26, 2017 will be reviewed for minimum qualifications and given full consideration by the hiring manager and/or search committee. Qualified applicants received after that date will be forwarded upon request to the hiring manager and/or search committee.
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply:
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
California State University, Fresno, in conjunction with the CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Other Applicant Information:
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
It is the policy of the California State University to fill vacant positions represented by the California State University Employees' Union (CSUEU) with qualified applicants currently employed on the campus. Other applicants may be selected when it is necessary to meet the best interests of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from campus applicants.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 24,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.