Schedule Information: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance; Sick, Vacation, and Holiday pay; Personal Business; Educational Assistance: Tuition Waivers at Harper & Professional Expense
Work Conditions: Work is primarily indoor and sedentary in nature.
Duties of Position:
The Safety Technician position is to assist the Manager of Environmental Health & Safety with the wide range of EH&S programs at the College. The position will assist with the development and implementation of programs to protect the people, property and overall environmental health of the College community.
- Perform inspections for compliance and safety.
- Enter work orders and follow up on correction of identified hazards on campus.
- Participate in campus safety committees.
- Assists in managing the online training database to ensure employees are up to date in required OSHA and general safety training.
- Assist the Palatine Fire Dept. on regular inspections and ensure issues are resolved.
- Work with building evacuation personnel in keeping plans up to date and assist in the coordination of evacuation drills.
- Perform office ergonomic evaluations for College employees.
- Assist with accident investigations and follow up on correction of any identified hazards that created or contributed to the accident.
- Perform indoor air quality investigations.
- Assist with the management of hazardous materials on campus including waste chemicals, asbestos and mold.
- Assist in recordkeeping and all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in science (BS) with a major in safety, environmental health, industrial hygiene, occupational health or a related field.
- Computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office products and databases. Some website design experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, communication and organizational skills
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: June 27, 2017
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.