Accounting Technician III
Accounting Technician III
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
7/11/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Under supervision, the Accounting Technician III performs responsible, varied, and specialized financial and statistical functions in support of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll responsibilities. This position independently coordinates work with outside agencies, develops new procedures and researches and applies complex regulations and guidelines in the performance of assigned work.
• Monitors funds for assigned programs and related financial activity (e.g. open purchase orders, review requisitions and invoices, etc.).
• Processes various fiscal transactions (e.g. purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, journal entries, etc.).
• Performs detailed record keeping and bookkeeping, functions for several programs (including grant programs, categorically funded departments, fiscally independent departments and college organizations).
• Prepares a wide variety of financial information, report, complex spreadsheets, correspondence, state, and federal reports.
• Coordinates with department and state for capital funded projects and scheduled maintenance (e.g., monitors budgets, verifies expenditures, and submits claim reimbursements to the state).
• Reconciles financial information and accounts (e.g. bank statements purchase orders, posted payments, etc.)
• Researches and resolves discrepancies of financial information and/or documentation.
• Supports a variety of departments and organizations in the establishment and maintenance of budgets.
• Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources.
• Maintains manual and electronic files and records (e.g. warrant registers, cash flow, invoices, required financial reports, etc.).
• Compiles financial and statistical information.
• Assists department personnel; may fill in for absent staff as necessary.
• Performs related duties as required
• Job related experience is required.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to adapt to changing work priorities; being attentive to detail; communicate with diverse groups; meet deadlines and schedules; set priorities; work with constant interruptions; and work with detailed information/data.
• Demonstrated skill in operating standard office equipment, using pertinent software applications, performing accounting procedures, and maintaining accurate records.
• Knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping principles, and pertinent computer software applications.
• Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
MEETING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS DOES NOT ASSURE THE CANDIDATE OF AN INTERVIEW. Applications will be evaluated taking into account the breadth and depth of relevant education, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities.
• Two (2) years increasingly responsible job related experience.
• Coursework in accounting is preferred.
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30am – 4:30 pm.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified.
• Cover Letter
• Copy of college level transcripts (if you are using education to meet the qualifications)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, 12-month, classified bargaining unit position. Starting date: as soon as possible. Range 16 of the CSEA Salary Schedule, with a starting salary of Step A, $3,552. Excellent benefit package.
REQUIRED TESTING INFORMATION
Applicants must achieve qualifying scores on tests to be administered by the District. Testing will consist of one part: Bookkeeping. All applicants will be notified via email of the testing day and time or to utilize the online self-scheduling feature. There is additional information regarding testing on the Human Resources main page, "Testing Information" link. Previous passing test scores within one year will be applied and you will not need to retest.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW