PT Faculty POOL - Counseling - EOPS
Coast Community College District
PT Faculty POOL - Counseling - EOPS
Job# PT Faculty POOL - Counseling - EOPS
Salary: See Position Description
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://www.cccd.edu/employment. Please click on OPEN POSITIONS located in the menu bar on the left, then select your desired jobs category to access list of open positions.
Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the largest community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to Orange County.
- Provide quality instruction in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
- Create and maintain an environment which emphasizes teaching and learning and encourages free discussion of ideas, interests and issues.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Fulfill professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member.
- Teach all scheduled classes.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Assignments may include day, evening, weekend, on-line and/or off-campus classes.
1. Must meet one of the following qualifications under (a) through (c):
a. Valid California Community College instructor credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990);
b. Master's degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development.
EOPS Counselors hired after October 24, 1987, shall:
(1) Have completed a minimum of nine semester units of college work predominantly relating to ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by language, social or economic disadvantages
(2) Have completed six semester units or the equivalent of a college-level counseling practicum or counseling field-work courses in a community college EOPS program, or in a program dealing predominantly with ethnic minorities or persons handicapped
by language, social, or economic disadvantages
In addition, an EOPS Counselor hired after October 24, 1987, shall have two years of occupational experience relating to ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by language, social or economic disadvantages.
c. Or, possess a combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent to the above. Candidates making an application on the basis of equivalency must submit an Application for Equivalency in addition to all other required materials. (See title 5, section 53410.1)
2. Evidence of a sensitivity to, understanding of, and the ability to manage the classroom environment AND effectively provide counseling and instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Recent community college or lower division counseling/teaching experience.
2. Expertise and professional experience in field of course(s) to be taught.
Conditions of Employment
Employment is on a part-time, temporary basis and contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. The hours of work and effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. Part-time faculty applications are accepted year-round and will remain in the pool for one year. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview. Please note: Possession of the minimum qualifications does not ensure an interview.
Please do not call the Office of Human Resources regarding the status of your application as this is a continuous recruitment and the applications in this pool will be reviewed by the College Dean/Hiring Manager on an as-needed basis.
Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910 )
The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individual's interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Based on LHE (Lecture Hour Equivalent) in accordance with the current Part-Time Faculty Salary Schedule.
To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
A complete Coast Community College District Online Employment Application.
A current resume or curriculum vitae (upload as a separate attachment - PDF recommended).
All unofficial transcripts (upload as a separate attachment - PDF recommended). Please note that IF selected, official transcripts will be required at the time of hire/onboarding.
Answers to ALL Supplemental Questions (please provide clear and detailed responses, where applicable, as they will be carefully evaluated to determine the most qualified candidate(s) to be invited for an interview; please do not paste your resume, put "see resume" or "N/A", or leave blank).
Application for Equivalency, if applicable. Please see below for details to determine if you are required to submit an Application for Equivalency.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer