Applications System Administrator Sr. 498088
Applications System Administrator Sr. 498088
Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 498088
Department: Information Technology
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Lamar University Information Technology - Enterprise Services team is accepting applications for a Sr. Application System Administrator position responsible for providing user support, system maintenance and administration of the various business solutions across the application portfolio.
The Enterprise Services-Information Technology Services team is responsible for supporting a variety of third party and in house interfaces/integrations, reporting applications, and databases which include the Ellucian Banner (ERP), Ellucian Operational Data Store (ODS), Evisions applications (Argos, FormFusion and Intellecheck), Banner Document Management System (BDMS) and a wide variety of other third-party applications and databases.
The candidate will be expected to work on assignments under general direction of the Technical Applications Manager. We look for motivated individuals with a demonstrated aptitude for technology, a customer service mentality and the willingness and ability to learn new tools and technologies. The successful candidate will support the mission of Information Technology and Lamar University by providing high quality, professional IT services and timely response and solutions to customer requests.
Position Summary: This position will provide day to day application support as needed including before, after hours and weekends. Apply updates and fixes to various applications which may include, but not limited to web server (Apache, IIS and Tomcat), database server (MSSQL, MySQL, and Oracle), .NET applications, imaging software, BlackBoard, Google Search, hosted applications, CAS, LDAP authentication, in a multi-campus environment. Coordinate security for various applications at the application level. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the application. Submit and escalate support tickets with various support organizations for an application. Coordinate application monitoring for application, web and database servers.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information technology, computer technology, information technology, or related field and three years of progressively responsible application support; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Three (3) years system administration experience supporting complex application computing environments, including experience with Linux, Windows and relational databases, with a demonstrated understanding of the security issues involved in maintaining and safeguarding institutional data.
• Must demonstrate ability to work calmly and reasonably in a demanding work environment subject to a variety of pressures and constraints. This requires a high level of internal motivation and ability to work patiently and tactfully with clients and co-workers under stressful circumstances, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must have in depth understanding of the software development life-cycle, including change management, functional and technical specification development.
• Must have experience testing application software, researching problems and providing detailed information required to reproduce problems and/or verify problem resolution.
• Must demonstrate ability to install, upgrade and patch application software in an enterprise environment.
• Must have ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
• Must have strong problem solving skills
• Must have project management experience with the ability to manage multiple tasks, communicate project status and provide leadership and direction for the activities of development teams in achieving project objectives.
• Must have ability to develop testing plans, and manage the work of departmental resources.
• Strong communication, team and organizational skills.
• Experience as an ERP/System Analyst or Administrator in a team working directly with functional counterparts on requirements gathering and program specification and design.
• Experience with enterprise level email support, MS Office 365
• Experience with Identity and Access Management Solutions-Provisioning, Authentication, Authorization, Administration, Audit
• Experience with Single Sign On(SSO) including CAS, Shibboleth, LDAP and federation
• Experience with Active Directory security and Management, Multifactor authentication
• Demonstrate ability to think objectively and creatively, focusing not only on details, but accurately comprehending larger issues and being able to accurately and clearly communicate the relation between both.
• Demonstrate the ability to analyze applicability and fit-gap of 3rd party products, upgrades and maintenance releases against business requirements.
• Experience developing and documenting software installation processes.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 10/27/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.