Associate Director of Computing Facilities (1703)
Under minimal day-to-day supervision, with a large degree of independent judgment and discretion, the Associate Director provides overall management, coordination and leadership to all assigned Brooklyn-based computer labs and printing facilities.
- Manage the operations of assigned computer labs and printing facilities, including equipment functionality, security, purchasing, and scheduling.
- Set and maintain software and hardware standards in all computer labs.
Implement lab technical operating standards.
- Hire, train, and supervise lab staff to include regular professional and technical staff as well as student workers.
- Manage lab equipment and purchasing process in consultation with the Director and lab managers; recommend purchases, changes and equipment upgrades as needed.
- Serve as the department's liaison to lab users including faculty, staff and academic departments.
- Develop and implement uniform standards for lab conduct and operation.
- Compile and disseminate information concerning lab technical and usage patterns.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: HS Diploma/GED required, bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
Experience: Five years IT management/supervisory experience, preferably in an academic environment.
Knowledge and Skills: Advanced knowledge of desktop and server operating systems, networking, hardware and software. Expert use of office productivity software and the ability to handle budgeting and purchasing activities. Proven leadership and management expertise required. Excellent oral and written communications skills are required with the ability to relate to a population of diverse cultures and varying degrees of computer literacy.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE