Computer Science – Tenure Track
Position Number TBD
Minot State University’s Department of Mathematics & Computer Science invites applications for an assistant professor of computer science.
The teaching load for this position is 12 hours per semester (fall and spring). The candidate will be expected to teach a variety of computer science classes from beginning to advanced. The person will advise students, serve on departmental and campus committees, make scholarly contributions to the computer science profession, supervise and advise students who are completing undergraduate research, internships, capstone projects, and field experiences, and develop relationships and collaborate with those in local industry. Additional opportunities for online teaching are possible.
Must have a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field and 3 months experience as a Graduate Teaching Assistant, Instructor/Lecturer, Professor or related occupation.
- Willingness to pursue a terminal degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in and enthusiasm for teaching.
- Willingness and ability to teach theoretical, applied, and practical sides of computer science.
- Demonstrated desire to contribute to the computer science community through service and scholarship.
- Desire to join a team of teachers who enthusiastically work together to engage students in the study of computer science.
- Ability to supervise and advise students who are completing undergraduate research, internships, capstone projects, and field experiences.
Depends on experience. Comprehensive fringe benefit package including employer paid full family coverage for health insurance, NDPERS retirement plan, and tuition waiver benefits. Explore MSU Benefits
Candidates should submit a complete application packet which includes a completed faculty employment application, cover letter, current curriculum vita, unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended, evidence of teaching effectiveness including student evaluations, a statement of teaching interests and philosophy, a statement of research interests, and three letters of recommendation Apply online: Click here to apply. For more information, contact Scott Kast, Chair of the Department of Mathematics & Computer Science Scott.Kast@minotstateu.edu.
For more information, or for accommodations contact: email@example.com. For ND Relay Services: Click here.
The state of North Dakota has an open records law; therefore, your application could be subject to review upon request. A criminal history background check must be satisfied prior to employment. According to NDCC 15-10-13.2, all faculty members are required to take an oath (or affirm) to support the constitutions of the United States and North Dakota.
MSU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. This position is subject to North Dakota Veteran's Preference.