Business Intelligence Analyst
Position Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Department: Office of Research, Planning and Effectiveness
Reports To: Executive Director of Research, Planning, & Effectiveness
Expected Starting Salary: $51,892.00
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
The primary role of the Business Intelligence Analyst (BIA) is to serve as the primary contact for providing institutional data to the state and federal government and accreditation agencies. Additionally, this position is responsible to investigate, design, plan, conduct, and communicate findings and insights from the thoughtful analysis of large and/or complex databases of information for the purposes of informing decision making and ensuring accurate and meaningful data reporting. The BIA is responsible for designing charts, graphs and dashboards that provide clear, accessible information. Specifically, the BIA is responsible for providing database system support suitable for applied statistical analyses using SPSS, excel, or R, that contributes to the production and efficiency of institutional research and analysis by assisting in the development of online data delivery tools and resources across various database management systems using Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server. The BIA works collaboratively with key internal peers, specifically those in IT (e.g. programmer/analysts), and internal users of NMC data. The position will also interact on a regular basis with institutional research and data analytics peers locally, state-wide, and nationally to advise and collaborate on data mining efforts through such groups as AIR, MCCCARE, MCCDEC, and MIAIR.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Bachelor’s degree
- Data Visualization software (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience working with statistics, statistical applications, collection and correlation of data
- Microsoft Office applications
- Oracle or similar large-scale database support
- Spreadsheet skills and experience
- UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Word Processing skills and experience
- Working knowledge of higher education information systems (e.g., Banner)
- Knowledge and use of statistical software
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methodology and the scientific method approach
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
Supervises others in accordance with NMC's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing employees; addressing performance problems or gaps.
This is a full-time, 40+ hour per week position.
Applications submitted by 4:30 pm on 4/27/2017 will receive first consideration. Join NMC for a career where you will be part of an organization with history, a legacy, and possibility! Applications must be submitted online. For more information, visit NMC on the web at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs For assistance call 231-995-1377 or 1-800-748-0566 x51377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.