IT System Support Professional V ISS Windows Server
Provide advanced administration of Windows Server 2012/2016 Operating Systems and associated services. Proactively address any issues including those both technical and security related within ITS. Have understanding and be able to work proficiently with Windows Active Directory Administration and advanced VMware Server administration. Must be able to evaluate, configure and resolve issues related to enterprise server hardware and enterprise network storage. Be able install, configure, and support network and cloud based applications. This position is based at the Marietta Campus.
Kennesaw State University is seeking an individual to provide advanced administration of Microsoft Active Directory and act as primary Active Directory architect associated network services and applications for University Information Technology Services. This position will be located at the Marietta campus. Duties include, work with the ISO and take a lead role addressing identified security issues associated with services and application implementations. Work with other enterprise systems administrators to specify, implement, configure, and support enterprise services and applications while understanding and ensuring the highest availability and performance of these enterprise applications. Must understand and support advanced enterprise best practices and business continuity. Must be versed in multiple operating systems and the requirements for ongoing support. Designs and maintains cloud architecture for enterprise datacenter operations.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines. Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 3 years experience OR Associate's degree, Technical certification and 5 years experience.
- Understanding of cloud architecture technologies such as Office 365, Azure, and AWS.
- Systems administrator experience managing IBM, Dell, or HP based server hardware and storage systems
- Experience with Active Directory services and AD federation.
- Understanding of key concepts for email protocols and Exchange Online.
- In depth knowledge of Windows Server technologies and operating systems.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting in order to automate and accomplish repeating or complex tasks.
- Advanced understanding of Active Directory and advanced domain management.