Undergraduate Operations Coordinator HP3
Who we are: We are a connected community working together towards the common goal of student success. In order to achieve student success, we need to be responsive and embrace change as the external market shifts. Our employees are passionate and united in our work ethic. We truly believe we can make a difference in our communities by impacting our students’ lives.
What we offer: At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
What you will do:
National Louis University (NLU) has set the ambitious goal of becoming a local and national leader in closing the achievement gap in bachelor’s degree attainment. Through an innovative, affordable, rigorous, flexible, supportive, and professionally focused approach to undergraduate education, NLU seeks to help thousands of students – many of whom face significant barriers to completing college – get to and through college and move on to successful careers and fulfilling lives.
Working with the VP of Strategic Initiatives and the Harrison Professional Pathways Program (Pathways) and Undergraduate College (UGC) team, the Undergraduate Operations Coordinator position provides high level administrative support and project management to the Pathways Program and the developing NLU Undergraduate College.
We seek an individual who is looking to get in on the ground floor of an innovative effort to close the college achievement gap and who is excited about the opportunity to help to build a unique and transformational approach to ensuring the postsecondary success of all NLU undergraduate students. The position will report to the Director of New Undergraduate Initiatives while working collaboratively across the team to ensure all objectives are achieved.
• Student-Focused: Make decisions based on what is best for students with the belief that when all students have access to resources and support, they are empowered to achieve success.
• Expect Excellence: Hold high expectations for our students and for the adults who serve them, and hold ourselves accountable for achieving excellence.
• Personalized Support: Take a holistic approach to providing individualized support that encourages students to realize their full potential in college and beyond.
• Data-Driven, Collaborative Environment: Work together as a unified team, utilizing real-time data and technology to adapt to student needs.
• Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Remain agile and open to changes and new ideas-incorporating data as well as student, faculty and administration voice-to ensure that we are continuously learning, improving, and innovating in all aspects of the student experience.
● Provides and maintains all record keeping and data management on behalf of the HP3/UGC team including all electronic files, reports, unit/program level data, grant applications and regulations, submissions and all records of external and internal meetings.
● Assists with identifying and monitoring data sources and program data dashboards.
● Performs administrative support to the HP3/UGC team (including scheduling for courses and instructors) and VP as necessary, answering incoming calls and student inquiries, creating/editing written and electronic correspondence, arranging meetings, taking minutes, preparing and distributing agendas and/or minutes, etc.; preparing purchase requisitions and tracking delivery of materials.
● Proactively assists with report writing, gathering data and preparing presentations, charts, summaries and analysis.
● Enters relevant data into Banner and runs appropriate queries, choosing data sources, synthesizing data and preparing data for complete reporting.
● Other duties as assigned.
• College Degree or relevant coursework required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years work experience.
• Demonstrated skills in MS Office (including PowerPoint, Excel and Word), desktop publishing and project management required, and ability to learn new technology systems for purposes such as scheduling, mass communications, data reporting, etc.
• Customer service, can-do mindset; comfortable interacting with students, faculty, administrators, and partners.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple duties concurrently.