Graduate Program Director for the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering
Job ID: 41799
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Apply On Or Before: 06/26/2017
FAMU-FSU College of Engineering
The Graduate Program Director (GPD) will be part of the Office of the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies. The GPD will help the Assoc. Dean develop and support the growth of the Graduate Program at the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering, with an emphasis on significantly improving the quality and number of PhD students engaged in leading-edge research with the engineering faculty.
Be the focal point for graduate student issues at the Office of the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies. Develop and implement graduate recruitment, retention, tracking and fellowships at the College level. Work directly with department heads, directors of graduate studies, and graduate program coordinators in the areas of: recruiting; admissions; orientation; registration; academic advising; graduation; program management; and the dissemination and implementation of university policies and procedures. Develop technology solutions for automating and streamlining graduate office practices.
• Develop and implement graduate recruitment strategies (ranging from open house events to one-to-one visits)
• Meet with potential students, as needed.
• Match students with faculty/program(s) that align with their interest areas
• Provide content updates to program and college materials (e.g. brochures, websites, catalogs, etc.).
• Promote COE related graduate programs at local, regional and national recruitment events
• Assist faculty with their graduate program needs
• Coordinate international exchange programs
• Coordinate activities supporting graduate program at affiliated research centers
• Advise potential students of proper admissions procedures and provide administrative assistance in resolving any arising problems
• Facilitate the application review process and serve as a liaison between the applicant and the proper department and faculty
• Organize and maintain college admissions records with regard to graduate students accepted by the college, working with all academic departments, through internally developed graduate admissions database
• Identify prospective candidates for various university, college and department fellowships/grants
ADVISING AND ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT:
• Meet with current and prospective students.
• Develop in consultation with departments and coordinate new graduate student orientation sessions
• Coordinate departmental efforts in order to ensure that all graduate student academic records are maintained through various university applications (OurFAMU, GST, OMNI)
• Ensure that departments are effectively monitoring student academic performance and their progress milestones (e.g., minimum coursework, exams GPA) in order to ensure that College and University expectations have been met
• Coordinate departmental activities with regard to advising graduate students about policies and procedures of the University, Graduate School, College and their Department.
• Advise and support departments to ensure their compliance with all relevant University and College policies and regulations
• Coordinate with departmental counterparts the graduate student evaluations (academic and employment)
• Coordinate department offices’ activities as related to Graduate Faculty Status and Directive Status requests, Thesis and Dissertation committees’ assignments, graduate teaching assistants’ assignments, scheduling doctoral preliminary exams, Graduate Seminar calendar, Graduation Workshops, and graduation clearance
• Maintain at the college level and analyze applicant, admission, registration benchmarks and graduation data for department, college and university administration
• Assist in preparation and submission of various university reports and external surveys as requested (e.g., QER/GPC Report, FAMU Assessment Planning Report, FSU Institutional Effectiveness Report, NIH-NSF Graduate Survey, Peterson Guide Survey)
• Develop and implement database applications, spreadsheets, document templates and other technology solutions to automate and streamline office tasks
Bachelor's degree and 6 years experience, or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to ten years.
Experience in recruitment and graduate program support.
Knowledge of graduate school admissions policies and procedures.
Demonstrated strength in communication skills, providing leadership, and interacting effectively with students.
Experience working with students who require reasonable accommodation in their work and/or education.
Experience in a multicultural settings and working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Master's degree preferred.
For additional information about the position and how to apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated Salary Range
The salary range for this position will be $47,659 up to $55,000 annually, depending on experience.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is M-F, 8-5.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf