Banner Developer IV
Provides technical and advanced level expertise in planning, developing, testing and documenting integrated computer application programs for a central administrative system, and ensures that program modules conform to coding standards under limited supervision and while mentoring lower skills programmers. Develops complex functional queries; functional support of end users including issue identification and resolution; conducts application training/workshops; functions as liaison between end users and technical support staff; documents data definitions; security administration; assists with data modeling.
This position will serve as a team member of the Enterprise Systems & Services (ESS) department, reporting to the Director of Banner Development. This position provides technical and advanced level expertise in planning, developing, testing, and documenting computer application programs within and related to the Ellucian Banner Student Information System (Banner) and Degree Works, with a focus on supporting the needs of the Enrollment Services Division (ESD). Employee will work collaboratively with the Banner Development team, as well as others within the organization. Employee will create reports based on requirements; support and maintain existing applications or reports to optimize performance; make recommendations to end-users regarding changes to improve ease-of-use of their software applications; develop complex functional queries and data manipulation using stored procedures, triggers, etc.; develop unit test plans; test, debug, implement and provide post-implementation support for application development, program enhancement, and/or third party software implementation and integration initiatives; ensure that programs conform to coding standards within the organization; document data definitions and ensure data integrity; develop application documentation including tutorials and reference manuals; and perform related tasks as assigned.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and five years related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge and experience of Oracle, SQL, and PL/SQL.
- Must have a proven ability to facilitate problem-solving among administrative groups with varying needs and priorities, and to communicate well with administrative users, technical staff and senior management.
- Excellent project management, presentation and documentation skills are a must.
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, customer service skills, and the ability to perform in pressure situations are required.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, in a professional manner, with an emphasis on service quality and have excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to express ideas concisely and clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Working knowledge of Oracle 11g/12c, Oracle Portal, and Elluican ERP suite are strongly preferred.
- Experience with Evisions Argos Enterprise Reporting Solution
- Must be familiar with the privacy and protection of sensitive data (i.e. FERPA, HIPAA, etc.).
- Experience working in a fast-paced higher education environment is strongly preferred.