Director of Professional Education and Outreach
General Description of Position:
The Director is responsible for the overall strategic direction of the department, which provides campus-wide services for online and professional development courses, the campus testing center, conference and meeting services, concurrent credit courses, and discover programs. Department oversight includes the management, strategic direction, policy and procedural accountability, fiscal and human resources, as well as development of new programs and the fostering of existing programs. Functions include forecasting, planning, developing and implementing new programs, and providing fiscal and human resources oversight.Information about the Department:
The department of Professional Education and Outreach fosters Kansas State Polytechnic's land grant mission by supporting online education, providing conference planning services, engaging industry, and offering K-12 programs. The department furthers the mission and vision of Kansas State Polytechnic by supporting innovative education practices that extend academic offerings beyond the walls of the university.Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. Job Description:
Program Development – 60%
- Collaborate with administrative team to identify potential credit and noncredit professional development program opportunities in conjunction with local and state partners.
- Collaborate with K-State Polytechnic’s academic departments to develop new credit and noncredit programs.
- Participates in development of and leads implementation and evaluation of department policy related to programs offered.
- Creates new programs and initiatives to assist the professional development, non-traditional and dual credit aspects of the campus.
- Actively engages with the K-12 community in developing mutually beneficial programs.
- Develops, improves and supervises campus services supporting any academic outreach programs/activities and ensures all protocols are followed per campus policies.
- Develops and implements new opportunities in the community and beyond while coordinating with colleges and other departments to meet campus strategic goals for campus and students as a whole.
Program Delivery – 15%
- Facilitate the delivery and coordination of K-State Polytechnic’s distance and face-to-face courses and programs.
- Assures compliance in the admission, registration, course delivery, assessment and marketing needs of programs.
- Regulates and ensures compliance with all applicable laws and policies, for any academic outreach programs and/or academic and non-credit programs offered by the colleges, including campus policies.
- Serve as liaison between K-State Polytechnic and Fort Riley.
- Coordinate marketing and promotion of online and professional development courses and programs.
Financial Responsibilities – 15%
- Responsibly manage financial aspects of the unit.
- Provides fiscal analysis, prepares, defends, and manages all budgets for the department.
General Responsibilities – 10%
- Supervise department support staff/personnel.
- Serve on college and university committees as assigned.
- Meets regularly and consults with campus administration.
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or work equivalent.
- Must have five to ten years of relevant professional experience.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management
- Experience in conceptualization and development of new credit and noncredit programs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven record of organizational and administrative skills
- Knowledge and experience with distance education trends and services
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in an organization responsible for revenue generation
- Experience supervising staff
- Master's degree from an accredited institution (adult education, distance education, communications and marketing, etc.)
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills in a diverse environment
- Experience with event planning
- Familiarity with online learning management systems and program delivery techniques (e.g., Canvas, Blackboard, Web Conferencing, etc.)
- Experience working with online educational programs
- Demonstrated experience in both tactical and strategic planning and implementation
- Professional experience in a self-funded department
Applicants should upload:
- Letter of application
- Contact information of three current professional references (titles, mailing and email addresses, and phone numbers)
Note: Only complete application packets will be accepted.Screening of Applications Begins: Immediately and continues until the position is filled. Salary Range / Pay Rate: $46,534-$74,455 Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.