The Grants Administrator will be primarily responsible for developing and assisting in writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-awarding organizations. Duties will include assisting RSECS principal investigators (PIs) in submitting proposals including budget preparation, serving as the primary interface with the University of Denver Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, interpreting program guidelines and communicating with sponsors, negotiating award and acceptance, post-award administration, expenditures and budget tracking, invoicing, effort certification, and generating financial reports that contain allowable charges and available award balances. The Grants Administrator will also conduct prospect research and maintain a calendar of submissions and success rates for RSECS PIs. The Grants Administrator will also work with PIs to develop funding-related marketing materials and texts for potential donors.
- Seek out and communicate research funding opportunities to RSECS investigators.
- Work with PIs to develop budgets, assuring that all potential costs have been identified and justified, including salaries, fringe benefits, indirect costs, cost-share, etc.
- Prepare and submit all necessary sponsor forms as required by regulations, university policy, and sponsors.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the PIs and the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of grants, contracts and subcontracts with sponsors and subcontractors to assure compliance with federal regulations and university policies and procedures.
- Prepare agreements, obtaining departmental approvals for institutional signatures.
- Establish and maintain contact with program officers and foundation officials.
- Maintain a history of funding data and submitted grant applications from RSECS research.
- Assist RSECS students to assemble training grants.
- Monitor milestones and deliverables and work with faculty and staff to satisfy sponsor requirements.
- Work with ORSP staff to assure that award is managed in compliance with all regulations, policies and requirements and close out funds in accordance with these regulations, policies and requirements.
- Perform common post-award functions that include: Budget Management, Expenditure Approvals, Billing and Accounts Receivable, Effort Certifications, Grant Payroll, Financial Reports, and Award Closeouts.
- A four-year degree.
- 2-3 years of work experience in grant/contract administration and/or accounting and finance.
- Experience in grant writing and administration.
- Excellent writing skills and a strong command of the English language.
- Work well under pressure and be comfortable with coordination of groups of researchers.
- Posses a solid understanding of grant budgets and forms.
- Advanced degrees aligned with RSECS research areas.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position, please direct inquiries to Kevin Shelburne at