Mechanical Design Engineer
The mission of this position is to design special machinery and robotics equipment for the automotive, consumer goods, and food packaging industries. This position requires a baseline knowledge related to pneumatic, electrical, and hydraulics. A successful candidate will have the ability to use SolidWorks software to create 3D design based on an initial customer concept. This job requires a high level of creativity and ability to exercise independent judgment to create a functional design that meets the customer's needs. Benefits for position include, but not limited to, paid vacation, sick time, medical/life/disability insurance, and 401k. Salary based on experience.
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of mechanical theory and principles, statutory codes, and equipment requirements.
- Designs in accordance to OSHA standards related to safety and ergonomics.
- Analyzes mechanical drawings supplied by customers
- Understands industrial and GD&T tolerances related to product design and assembly requirements
- Ability to incorporates purchase product effectively and efficiently within the mechanical designs
- Determines need for, analyzes, and makes necessary running adjustments or modifications to engineering drawing to satisfy the requirements of custom machinery build.
- 5 years of 3D design in SolidWorks preferred
- Strong project management aptitude
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study or equivalent work experience
- Able to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's license
- Ability to interface with customer in a professional manner
Simply put, we design and build the machines that enable our customers to build their products. At Alliance Automation, we strive to deliver high quality automation solutions that add to our customer's bottom line. Our Mission Statement says it best:
We are dedicated to growing our organization, our employees, our customers and our partners by providing custom turnkey automation systems and services that optimize our customer's productivity and profits.
Van Wert, OH
Mon, 12 Jun 2017 09:44:52 PDT