Health & Counseling Center
The Health & Counseling Center is seeking a clinical therapist or psychologist to provide counseling and mental health services as well as campus outreach to university students. This position performs professional client care through individual, couples, group, and crisis counseling. The individual selected for this position will serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in an integrated center. This position will comply with the professional requirements of the Health & Counseling Center and St. Edward's University policies and procedures as well as all State and Federal professional legal requirements. The Health & Counseling Center is part of a vibrant and growing university community and is dedicated to supporting the healthy development of the whole student. We seek an enthusiastic and collaborative colleague who is interested in contributing to the growth of the students, the department and the university as a whole.
• Counseling for individuals and couples, including initial assessment and effective treatment planning, within a brief treatment model
• Group counseling
• Crisis intervention, including rotating after-hours on-call duty
• Campus outreach programs and workshops
• Consultation to university departments, staff, and faculty
• Assistance with training and supervision of graduate practicum students
• Must be able to work well with supervisor, coworkers, the University community and the public
• Maintain confidential files accurately
• Occasional evening and weekend duties
• Participation in university Strategic Priorities and Student Affairs initiatives
• Other related duties as assigned
• Master degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related mental health field, required
• Licensure in Texas at the time of hiring required
• Doctoral degree/ABD in counseling, psychology or related mental health field, preferred
• Current licensure by TSBEP preferred
• Successful experience providing counseling to young adults age 17-26 required
• Knowledge/training in multicultural issues required
• Ability to work effectively in a brief, psychotherapy approach, required
• Ability to work collegially in a diverse, multicultural community, required
• Ability to work congruently within the mission of the university, division and department, required
• Experience providing culturally competent services for clients who identify as Hispanic preferred
• Bilingual, ability to communicate effectively in both Spanish and English preferred
• Training or experience working in a university counseling or health center, preferred
• Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required
• A working knowledge of HIPPA and FERPA required
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of approximately 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. It is an exciting time to be part of the St. Edward's community as the university pursues an ambitious plan to be recognized as one of the best small universities in the country. St. Edward's University emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes and personalized learning. The mission statement of St. Edward's University emphasizes Holy Cross values of the courage to take risks, cultivate an international perspective, and a commitment to provide educational opportunities for students of varied cultural, religious, educational, and economic backgrounds and stresses the obligation of all people to pursue a more just world. The community atmosphere extends to the nearly 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming, yet challenging environment for students. The Health & Counseling Center currently has five professional counseling clinicians, clinical case manager, five health services clinicians, one full-time Wellness and Outreach Coordinator, and several undergraduate and graduate students. For additional departmental information, please review https://www.stedwards.edu/campus-services/health-and-counseling-center.
How to Apply
Application process for appointment should include submission of SEU online application at at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com/jobs/589186.html Please attach a letter of interest, a vita, and a list of three references (include name and contact information of: current supervisor, past supervisor, a colleague/ peer in the field). Attention Elizabeth Charrier, Psy.D. Associate Director for Health & Counseling. Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Nominations and expressions of interest will be treated in confidence. No phone calls please.
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. Salary is commensurate with qualifications. Summary information on the St. Edward's University benefits package can be found here.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer and hires only U.S. citizens and documented workers.here