Missouri Community College Association President/CEO
Missouri Community College Association
Search Announcement and Position Description
The Missouri Community College Association (MCCA) announces the search for a President/CEO. MCCA’s mission is to provide advocacy, information, professional development, and collaboration for Missouri’s community colleges. It is an individual and institutional membership organization.
- Familiarity with and understanding of the mission of community colleges.
- Knowledge of statewide higher education issues and experience working with higher education institutions.
- Understanding of state and federal political processes.
- Familiarity with economic and workforce development policies.
- Outstanding oral, written, and visual communication skills.
- Experience with association and/or nonprofit organization management.
- Experience working directly with a volunteer led governing board.
- Demonstrated ability to build coalitions and collaborate with a diverse group of people from a wide variety of sectors.
- Experience with member services, retention, and acquisition.
- Ability to lead a professional staff team and volunteer leaders.
- Experience developing, implementing, and monitoring budgets.
- Experience planning meetings and events.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Experience with grant writing and/or grant management.
- Highly proficient in the use of computer programs including but not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience leading and implementing a professional communications plan to help accomplish the strategic objectives of the association.
- Demonstrated ethical leadership and an ability to achieve the association’s strategic objectives and maintain its vitality, worth, and members’ allegiance.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to planning and operations.
- A master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Willingness and ability to travel to meetings, including out-of-state appointments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership and direction toward the achievement of the association’s mission, vision, and strategic objectives.
- Provides oversight of and participates in advocacy efforts.
- Establishes sound, durable working relationships with association members and multiple and diverse internal and external constituencies, including legislators, policy-makers, and other organizations.
- Presents a strong, positive image to multiple and diverse internal and external constituencies.
- Coordinates involvement of Board of Directors members, Presidents/Chancellors Council members, and appropriate college staff and trustees in the development, planning, implementation, and management of association programs and events.
- Communicates with the Presidents/Chancellors Council on the condition of the association and the impact of current events.
- Recommends an annual budget for Presidents/Chancellors Council approval and manages the association’s resources prudently, within budget guidelines, and in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Supports the Presidents/Chancellors Council and Board of Directors through regular meetings, retreats, committee work, and other meetings.
- Manages the human resources of the association in accordance with authorized policies and procedures and in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Speaks on behalf of the association at state and national conferences and meetings.
- Networks at the state and national level.
- Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends affecting community colleges.
- Maintains membership in appropriate professional associations.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Council or Board of Directors.
Resume and letters of intent should be forwarded to:
MCCA Presidential/CEO Search
Human Resources Department
Ozarks Technical Community College
1001 E. Chestnut Expressway
Springfield, MO 65802
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS WILL BEGIN ON JULY 11; HOWEVER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
Date Position Available: 9/1/17
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Competitive benefits package provided, including 401(k), 100% paid employee health/dental/vision insurance, vacation and 14 paid holidays.
For more information on the Missouri Community College Association (MCCA), please visit their website at http://www.mccatoday.org/.