Assistant Director for International Student Engagement
University of Delaware
Job Title Assistant Director for International Student Engagement
Job ID 104704
Location Newark, DE
Assistant Director, International Student Engagement
Office for International Students & Scholars
Deadline: June 23, 2017
The Assistant Director for International Student Engagement is primarily responsible for providing leadership in the development and implementation of strategic educational and cultural programs and resources essential to fostering a welcoming and inclusive community for international students and scholars at the University of Delaware. The Assistant Director must interact and collaborate effectively with faculty, university administrators, staff and students in assessing and addressing the unique needs of the international population at UD. In addition to having a strong understanding on issues that are most common to international students and scholars studying in the U.S., the Assistant Director is expected to have a background in immigration advising of F and J students. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of OISS.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and promotion of resources that help UD international students and scholars maintain immigration status in the US and acculturate to the local community.
- Manage and update a list of campus and community partners that OISS collaborates with annually to host programs and initiatives for the international community at UD.
- Work closely with the Communications Specialist I in developing communication and marketing strategies that support the office's programming and outreach efforts.
- Develop and implement a series of assessment tools that track the needs, challenges, satisfaction and experience of international students and scholars at OISS and UD and work in collaboration with Institutional Research to meet University reporting and standards requirements.
- Serve as the point person with i-graduate in administering the annual International Student Barometer at OISS and at UD. Develop reports and best practices based on annual data, and present to the wider campus community.
- Compile the office's annual statistical report and IIE's Open Doors report data requests.
- • Serves as part of the OISS Management Team and works closely with the Executive Director to implement policies and develop procedures for dealing with non-immigrant matters.
- Bachelor's degree and four years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a higher education setting preferred.
- Program development and project-management experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and planning skills.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written; ability to develop and deliver presentations and orientation programs.
- Ability to work as part of a team and service-oriented work environment.
- International experience that may include studying, living or working abroad, or interacting with international visitors preferred.
- Experience interacting with people from varied cultural backgrounds; experience advising international students and scholars.
- Experience conducting needs assessments and satisfaction surveys.
- Experience with intercultural communication training and program development.
- Knowledge of F-1 immigration advising and SEVIS.
- Experience in communication and web project management
- Experience in strategic planning; supervisory experience.
- U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency is required, as mandated by DHS and SEVP federal regulations.
Applicants should upload a letter of interest, a detailed resume, and the names and addresses of three references to http://www1.udel.edu/udjobs/ by selecting STAFF opportunities, Assistant Director, Office for International Students & Scholars.