PSYCHIATRIC SOCIAL WORKER, SENIOR
PSYCHIATRIC SOCIAL WORKER, SENIOR
Scope of Responsibilities Under the direction of the Director of CAPS, the Staff Social Worker will provide clinical services, supervise trainees, and engage with the campus community placing priority on the ways marginalization, discrimination, and oppression negatively impact mental health.
List specific tasks and responsibilities and indicate the approximate % of time to be spent on each duty (or section of duties) should be listed.
• Demonstrates a commitment to dismantling systems of marginalization, discrimination, and oppression that contribute to resultant inequities for CAPS staff and the students they serve;
• Commits to serving students, especially those impacted by systems of marginalization, discrimination, and oppression, in the places they live and learn by validating their lived experiences and engaging their resilience;
• Commits to educating the campus community on the ways privilege is perpetuated and differentially impacts student mental health;
• Provides individual, couples, and group services;
• Participates in the provision of mental health triage services;
• Administers and interprets limited assessment measures;
• Responds to clinical and campus crises;
• Provides supervision and seminars to assigned trainees, including goal setting, evaluations, and disciplinary action in accordance with training policy and procedures;
• Provides campus and community engagement services through liaison relationships with faculty, staff, parents, alumni, and students; and
• Provides campus and community level interventions that address cultural climate issues for marginalized groups. 65%
• Follows agency policies and procedures consistent with state mental health statutes, ethical guidelines, best practices, and HIPAA;
• Completes clinical documentation according to CAPS policies and procedures;
• Attends CAPS staff, clinical team, and committee meetings;
• Participates in ongoing staff conversations about the ways racism and other forms of marginalization, discrimination, and oppression impact systems;
• Participates in Student Affairs Committees;
• Attends CAPS sponsored professional development activities;
• As budget allows, represents CAPS on the Duke campus, in the Triangle area, and nationally; and
• Other duties as requested. 35%
• Must have a Master's degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited program;
• Licensed or immediately eligible (post-degree hours complete) for licensure in the state of North Carolina; and
• Five years of experience in a student mental health agency or relevant healthcare or social service setting.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
• Demonstrated experience working international populations, especially those from Asian, South Asian, and Middle Eastern/North African countries; Latinx populations; and transgender communities is desired, as well as those who have demonstrated experience and skills working with Jewish or Muslim students; and
• Bi-lingual language skills are strongly preferred.
Additional Job-Specific Skills and Competencies
• Demonstrates experience and capability to work as part of a highly cohesive and interdisciplinary team in a university counseling center and with professionals in other campus units;
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills that facilitate organizational health;
• Demonstrates a commitment to self-awareness and desire for growth related to intersectionality and the ways marginalization, discrimination, and oppression impact individuals and systems; and
• Experience in the provision of crisis intervention and consultation is essential.
1820 PSYCHIATRIC SOCIAL WORKER, SENIOR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Master's degree from an accredited school of social work required.Current licensure as a licensed clinical social worker by the NC SocialWork and Certification and Licensure Board.
Two years of post-master's experience in a clinical setting and fiveyears of experience in a student mental health agency or relevanthealthcare or social service setting.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.