Working Title: Project Coordinator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: University Human Resources
Posting Date: 06-12-2017
The University of Virginia seeks a proven leader for the position of HR Project Coordinator. As a world-class teaching, research, and patient care institution, the University deserves world-class HR. To that end, this Project Coordinator will oversee and manage project implementation activities designed to ensure that we maintain operational effectiveness during our transition from current to future state.
Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Systems and Support, the Project Coordinator plays a vital role in ensuring that work is being completed on track, per project plan and proposed timeline. The incumbent will be decisive and able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of project stakeholders. An effective and collaborative relationship builder, the Project Coordinator will be experienced in involving and motivating others in the following: coordinate project efforts in implementing Salesforce Service Cloud and a new Voice Cloud solution; create and execute plan to deprecate legacy technologies for HR Transformation project; take-on and lead smaller initiatives to support the overall HR transformation.
This position is a limited-term appointment and will be ending effective June 30, 2018.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven project leader, who is decisive and successfully managed large, complex projects (including significant process, technology and people readiness activities)
- Driver, who holds teams accountable and gets things done
- Detail Commander, who is organized, comfortable with large amounts of information and balances competing priorities
- Diplomat, who has strong interpersonal skills to drive improvements while balancing employee sensitivities to change
- Team builder, who creates a shared vision and an environment for high performance
- Relationship builder, who listens well and develops trusted relationships with team members
- Problem solver, who is able to anticipate issues and remedy quickly
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82073