Posting Date June 12, 2017
Position Title Pre-Enrollment Specialist
Vacancy # V-1299
Department Student Development and Campus Life
Division Student Devel And Campus Life
Reporting to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions, and under the supervision of the Manager of Pre-Enrollment Services, this position is responsible for processing of undergraduate admissions applications including the accuracy of data entry, productivity, and positive communications with prospective students, involving an assigned portion of nearly 65,000 prospect inquiries and approximately 25,000 admissions applications each year.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process all undergraduate applications for the assigned alpha range, following standards outlined below: Ensure that all undergraduate application types are processed with great attention to accuracy and timeliness. This includes preparing files for admissions evaluation, reviewing transcripts for rank-in-class, GPA, etc., determining applications as complete and ready for review vs. pending and requiring additional documentation.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of Montclair State messaging and offerings in order to best answer application queries for all undergraduate applications; Utilize superior customer service skills, i.e. courteous, timely and correct responses, with regard to student inquiries regarding application status and other basic applicant/pre-applicant inquiries, as well as any questions regarding the services and programs provided by Montclair State University.
• Assist, as needed, with the processing of all pre-app transcripts, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, etc. for students within assigned alpha range.
• Utilize superior organizational skills to prioritize and organize workload on a daily basis to keep up with an always-increasing volume. Responsible for organizing, maintaining and locating all applicant files within the assigned alpha segment. Complete daily data audit to facilitate data integrity.
• Work with other university representatives (including coaches, program directors, academic deans/chairs) to ensure a positive admissions experience for all students.
• Flexibility to adjust to evolving job responsibilities as the Undergraduate Admissions Office adopts the technology initiatives that have been established for the department.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
• A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience as determined by the hiring manager.
• Demonstrated experience working with data entry and databases
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• Experience with Ellucian Banner
• Fluency in a language other than English
Commensurate with Experience
Anticipated Start Date July 1, 2017
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Apply By Resumes will be reviewed immediately
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION