Part-Time Shuttle Bus Driver
Posting Date August 20, 2015
Position Title Part-Time Shuttle Bus Driver
Vacancy # N/A
Department Shuttle Bus Services
Division University Facilities
Part-time Shuttle Bus Driver
This is a part-time non-benefited position. Hours vary according to operational needs. Shuttle hours of operation are 5:30am -3:30am, 7 days a week.
- Driver is expected to operate Shuttle Buses, in a safe, reliable, and professional manner while providing scheduled service on campus bus routes and/or special charter operations.
- Conduct pre-trip/post-trip inspections in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Regulations and applicable state driver's laws for safety and assurance of proper operating conditions.
- Performs housekeeping of the vehicle; sweeps, cleans windows, wipes dash and seats.
- Driver secures passengers in wheelchairs properly for transport.
- Documents clearly and concisely daily vehicle safety inspections and mileage information, and any unusual occurrences; accident reports, etc.
- Driver maintains communications with dispatch/supervisor via assigned phone.
- Participate in departmental training.
- Assist students, staff, and the general public by providing information and/or directions.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must pass a driving road test and meet the minimum standards for the Department of Transportation; Successful completion of pre-employment drug screening; and a comprehensive background investigation including driving record and criminal history.
- Completion of high school or equivalent achievement. Possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License with passenger and air brake endorsements.
- Minimum of one year's experience in the operation of school buses or other vehicles in excess of 20,000 lbs. G.V.W.. Excellent driving record.
- Thorough knowledge of State laws governing the operation of buses as public carriers and of departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated skill in operating buses over prescribed routes. Basic knowledge of vehicle dynamics and ability to perform safety and maintenance checks on department buses.
- Ability to follow complex oral or written instructions and to comprehend road maps and schedules. Ability to deal tactfully with passengers requests, complaints, and problems.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
To apply, submit application with and names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three references to:
Montclair State University
Attn: Transportation Services
1 Normal Avenue
Montclair, NJ 07043
Apply By August 24, 2015
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION