QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN (QA)
Penobscot McCrum, a processor of various frozen potato products, is searching for a Quality Assurance (QA) Technician.
Penobscot McCrum's Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for providing evidence to establish quality in product produced and that quality control is consistently to high standards within customer and/or company specifications. This is an entry level position with growth potential for the right candidate to succeed to a Management position.
- Review finished product to determine that it is within customer/company specifications
- Record data and maintains records/reports for review by QA Manager
- Evaluate data for accuracy and compliance
- Completes swab tests and inspections to ensure sanitary food production
- Perform cook tests to verify viability of finished product
- Participate in food safety and plant audits
- Test weight of finished, packaged goods to meet packaging label requirements
- Gain an understanding of the functions of the entire QA department, including responsibilities of QA Manager
- Other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of Associates degree in Business or other analytical major.
- Intermediate to Expert computer and Microsoft Office skills.
- Hours may vary between 1st and 2nd shifts.
- Ability to work in an environment that include stress with interpersonal negotiation skills, good emotional control, prioritize tasks, ability to work with others or assist others, work efficiently and accurately, good at changing tasks when demand requires, self-motivated, attention to detail, and decision making capabilities.
Sat, 3 Jun 2017 06:39:34 PDT