Senior Instructor in Korean Language
The College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Colorado Boulder is the intellectual core of the university, conducting research, scholarship, creative work and education in more than 60 fields. Our research generates new knowledge, solving some of the world's most critical problems. The college leads nationally in undergraduate and graduate education, bringing world-class research and scholarship to our students, both in and out of the classroom. The college is the academic home to all five of the university's Nobel laureates. Additionally, it is home to the university's four National Medal of Science winners, eight MacArthur "Genius Award" winners, 100 Fulbright Scholars, 17 Guggenheim Fellows, 14 Packard Fellows, 24 members of the National Academy of Sciences, and 23 members of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. CU-Boulder is the only university in the Rocky Mountain region in the American Association of Universities, a group of the nation's leading research institutions.
Description of Department:
Information about our department can be found at http://www.colorado.edu/alc/.
Overview of Job Duties:
The Department of Asian Languages and Civilizations at the University of Colorado Boulder invites applications for a non-tenure-track appointment as Senior Instructor in Korean Language to begin August 2017. Requirements include the PhD in Korean language, linguistics, pedagogy, or other related discipline; one year of experience in teaching Korean language courses at the university level is required, which may have been obtained during doctoral studies.
Job duties include but are not limited to teaching courses in Korean language to both undergraduate and graduate student populations, coordinating the Korean language program, and service to the department, College and University.
Applicants must apply online at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, job posting number 09888 to create and complete the online application. Please include a letter of application, current CV, and copies of syllabi of courses taught or proposed. You will receive a confidential email requesting contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin on August 1, 2017; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org . This offer is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check as required by the University.
The University of Colorado is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment and excellent benefits. Learn more about the University of Colorado by visiting https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers.
• PhD in Korean language, linguistics, pedagogy, or other related discipline
• One year of experience in teaching Korean language courses at the university level is required, which may have been obtained during doctoral studies
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of applications will begin on August 1, 2017; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the materials listed below in PDF format to this posting at www.cu.edu/cucareers with the following naming convention "LastName_FirstName_NameofDocument", i.e., Smith_John_CV:
1. Letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications (LastName_FirstName_Cover.pdf).
2. Current curriculum vitae (LastName_FirstName_CV.pdf).
3. Copies of syllabi of courses taught or proposed (LastName_FirstName_Syllabi.pdf).
4. Contact information for three references may be collected *after* applying, but not during this initial application submission. References may be asked to provide confidential letters of recommendation upon invitation.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10230 - Asian Lang&Civilizations
Posting Date: Jun 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lynne Buckley
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00734668
More jobs like this
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Arts & Humanities
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Ethnic & Cultural Studies
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Foreign Languages & Literature
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Education
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Teacher Education