Executive Assistant to University Counsel & the Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives
Nature of Work
This position is responsible for providing a variety of professional, administrative, and legal support services to the Office of University Counsel, the Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and the Director of Campus Compliance.
This position acts independently and exercises initiative to achieve organizational goals and objectives, maintains confidentiality, and establishes and maintains positive working relationships. This individual professionally represents the offices of the Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives, Compliance, and University Counsel, communicating effectively in-person and through written and verbal communication. This position has a broad range of responsibility and must exercise sound judgment in decision-making, possess project management skills, effective analytical and problem-solving skills, work well under pressure, and have the ability to handle complex, multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, maintain calendars, and plan travel arrangements.
- Provide administrative support to all committees/sub-committees chaired by the Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives, the Director of Campus Compliance, and Associate University Counsel.
- Maintain and preserve the confidentiality of the office, administration, and University by exercising discretion in communicating information to administrators, faculty, students, staff, alumni, and various constituents and in handling administrative and legal files/records, personnel actions, and similar confidential items.
- Draft letters, reports, procedures, and other correspondence, including correspondence between University officials, attorneys, and outside local, state and federal officials.
- Maintain general office files, legal materials and correspondence, create and copy files/records as necessary and update files/records through purging and preparing new files/records and ensuring files/records contain adequate and proper documentation of organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and/or essential transactions.
- Provide onboarding assistance to new employees and coordinate HR requirements.
- Event planning, which may include drafting agendas, sending/tracking invitations, scheduling rooms, and placing catering orders.
- Research information needed for reports and information requests.
- Respond to EthicsPoint reports and coordinate investigations.
- Coordinate and relay campus feedback to the Office of Government Relations during annual legislative session.
- Serve as official custodian for university records and respond to requests made under the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA).
- Serve as Records Retention Coordinator for the campus and respond to inquiries as received.
- Provide initial legal review of campus clinical affiliation agreements.
- Review, analyze and summarize University policies, directives, and rules and state and federal laws, rules, regulations for use in preparing legal documents and for use in developing and implementing compliance programs.
- Conduct internet research on local, state, and federal legal and compliance issues.
- Develop and implement compliance and strategic planning processes.
- Maintain/update Compliance website.
- Process all invoices, PO's, SPO's, expense vouchers, cash receipts/deposits, and research and resolve billing problems.
- Process, reallocate, and reconcile procurement card statements and resolve all billing problems.
- Process JE's/BJE's.
- Coordinate contract review and routing processes for all areas of support. Coordinate special projects as assigned
- Support relevant Search Committees as needed.
- Serve on relevant Search Committees as needed.
- Provide consistent, friendly, and competent service for all visitors to the Vice Chancellor, Legal, and Compliance offices.
- Provide back-up administrative support to other Vice Chancellors as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively within a shared governance community.
- Ability to work independently, use initiative, and make substantive decisions quickly.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with University administrators, and internal and external constituents.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to perform effective and productive internet research.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to work with a variety of constituents in a professional manner, and be able to respond to a variety of requests from a variety of sources effectively and in a pleasant manner.
- Must be dependable, conscientious, thorough, accurate and reliable with respect to achieving the organization's goals.
- Demonstrated high commitment to service excellence, diversity and equity.
- Proficiency using various phone and web conferencing applications.
- Comfortable with technology and able to quickly learn new software applications and productivity tools
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $52,268 - $55,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's or higher degree or equivalent specialized experience.
- Five years' work experience in general office setting or three years' work experience in a legal or compliance setting.
- Two years professional experience communicating with all levels of internal and external clients and constituents.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by June 26, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40001 - Chancellors Office
Posting Date: Jun 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Tia Luber
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00410117