Sr. Instructor - Family Nurse Practitioner
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Family Medicine at the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking a full-time nurse practitioner for a community-based clinical practice located in Denver.
Recognized nationally as a leader in family medicine, the Department of Family Medicine is dedicated to achieving the Quadruple Aim and helping our patients become healthier through education, patient care, research, and community partnerships.
Our clinics are certified as Patient Centered Medical Homes and have already or will be undergoing practice re-design focusing on exemplary patient-centeredness and a superior patient experience.
Key Position Essentials:
- Full time providers provide 40 hours of clinical and administrative work each week
- We have a fully integrated Electronic Medical Record through EPIC, as well as pharmacy and care management support
- Clinical site renovations are ongoing or completed at each location
- Teaching opportunities with students and residents
- The University of Colorado offers a generous benefits package, including insurance, time off, and retirement benefits
- Masters/Doctor of Nursing practice degree.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in the State of Colorado.
- Completion of required 1,000 hours (provisional prescription authority/mentorship) or other minimum as defined by State of Colorado in order to obtain full prescriptive authority and DEA registration.
- Medicare/Medicaid credentials.
- National certification by ANCC or AANP as a family or adult nurse practitioner.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served; the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the office's policies and procedures
- Ability to prioritize and respond to emergencies in a calm manner.
- Ability to verbalize information/directions clearly and concisely.
- Ability to administer patient medications properly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, and resolve patient and office problems.
- Ability to participate effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
- Two years (full time) of practice experience working in a Patient Centered Medical Home/Ambulatory Family Medicine and/or Adult Medicine practice preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 07729
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- A copy of transcripts or diploma
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20148 - SOM-Family Medicine
Posting Date: Jun 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jaella VonFeldt
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00730226