Research Services Professional
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Department of Medicine/Division of Pulmonary Sciences & Critical Care
Pre & Post Award Coordinator
Position #00732218 - Requisition 09890
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Department of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Grants Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will provide grants management support as well as administrative support for a team of critical care physician scientists in the Division of Pulmonary Sciences & Critical Care. In this position, grant management component includes preparing grant proposals, and maintaining post award fiduciary responsibilities. The majority of the grants will be NIH funded awards. This position will also being working with and supporting junior investigators and trainees. The position must have excellent organization, time management, communications skills, and be detailed oriented. Strong accounting and financial skills are required.
Examples of Work Performed
- Works with Principle Investigators (PI) to manage grant submission process of multiple research studies using InfoEd and other online application services for local, foundation, and federal grants
- Collaborates with investigators to develop NIH compliant application plans, required resources, budget, and timing
- Prepares budget pages with guidance from supervisor
- Routes grant through Dept. of Medicine and Office of Grants and Contracts
- Collects letters of support
- Collects and format bio-sketches
- Maintains and verifies accounting for all grants, ensuring proper financial support was received from funding agency
- Monitors monthly financial reports for all current projects for proper setup, budgets, expenditures and variance; re-budgets as necessary with approval from PI
- Clarifies issues or concerns from NIH or other agencies regarding current or previous grants
- Assists with NIH grant progress reports
- Collaborates with Investigator(s) to prepare and maintain sub-contracts for all NIH grants, including any work with affiliated institutions and hospitals
- Coordinates with the Procurement Office as necessary
- Manages procurement for assigned research laboratories, involving daily use of CU Marketplace, Concur, and an in-house database used for tracking grant expenses
- Processes travel reimbursement forms
- Coordinates itineraries and travel for all visiting professors
- Maintains hospital credentialing for assigned faculty
- Arranges meetings/coordinate calendars for assigned faculty; disseminate as necessary minutes and agendas
- Performs other administrative and office management duties as required
Salary and Benefits
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, business administration, public administration, social/behavior sciences, public health, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 1 year of professional level experience working in grants management.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis but not for the specific experience.
- Experience working with NIH grants
- Experience working with University systems such as Concur, Marketplace, HCM
- Experience processing reimbursements
- Experience coordinating travel
- 1-3 years of providing administrative support in an academic setting
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Rebecca Propes at Rebecca.Propes@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20219 - SOM-MED-Pulmonary Disease
Posting Date: Jun 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rebecca Propes
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00734685