BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER
JOB NO.: 91123-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/ADI/BI REPORTING
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Legal Affairs, Web Design/Development
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91123-AS
Working Title: Business Intelligence Developer
Official Title: SR SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER(T32BN) or SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER(T32DN) or ASSOC SYSTEMS PRGRMMR(T32FN)
Hiring Department: A062050-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/ADI/BI REPORTING
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $55,000 Maximum $100,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum 2 years providing data modeling, data warehousing, and reporting/analytics services to a wide range of business customers.
* Minimum 2 years of experience with Oracle Database and/or MS SQL Server.
* Minimum 2 years using SQL (PL/SQL preferred) .
* Demonstrable experience working with reporting and data analysis tools. E.g. SSRS, People Tools, SAS, Qlikview, Business Objects, Tableau, OBIEE.
* Experience and Technical proficiency in Business Requirements Analysis, Testing and documentation.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. (Writing skills will be assessed by the resume and cover letter.)
* Collaborative and cooperative approach to team members and leadership.
* Experience with design and development of OBIEE reports, dashboards, RPD, and BI Publisher reports.
* Experience working with Peoplesoft HCM and Finance.
* Experience in higher education environment, especially working with student, human resources, and financial data.
This position is in the Business Intelligence and Reporting team. This team manages the data warehouse and reporting systems for the University of Wisconsin's (UW) enterprise systems and manages the shared OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition) reporting environment.
The BI Developer is responsible for building BI solutions consumed by the UW System decision makers, including:
* Providing knowledge of data for analytics and business intelligence/data warehousing integration, understanding the business processes that input/use the data, what the data means and how it can be used/analyzed to provide evidence based decisions
* Facilitating users and supporting team members by creating new BI solutions through the entire solution lifecycle, including requirements collection and definition
* Leading day-to-day BI applications support including quality control activities, data management, integration, and subject matter expertise to interested internal and external resources on functionality and integration
* Documenting and maintaining the data processes and functional design for BI applications to ensure alignment with requirements and continuous improvement
A person in this position should have proven analytical, communication and organizational skills, and the ability to problem solve with a customer service focus in mind.
Instructions to applicants:
Please note that DoIT is not able to provide sponsorship for this position.
Application materials may be reviewed prior to the deadline, in order to update your materials, please notify the contact listed in the job posting.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 12 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 10 Jul 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time