Web Application Programmer
Salary: $60,100 - $89,200
Title: Web Application Programmer
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Institute of Genomics
Date Posted: 06/12/2017
Position Information: Development of web services for data science research applications that will be deployed in the cloud using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Includes design of relational databases, big data processing on Linux-based high-performance computing (HPC) systems and web development with Django/Python. Position is tightly integrated into a large team of researchers working in diverse areas.
Minimum Requirements: Demonstrated ability to interface with management on a regular basis.
Demonstrated broad problem solving skills.
Thorough experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums.
Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs. Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Intermediate knowledge of secure software development.
Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts.
Demonstrated software repository skills. Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to contribute technical narrative to grant proposals.
Experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms.
Thorough experience with common programming tools. Demonstrated ability to follow software specifications.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview