Administrative Assistant 1
Salary: $35,376 - $49,596
Title: Administrative Assistant 1
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Botanic Gardens
Date Posted: 06/12/2017
Position Information: This position provides administrative support for the UCR Botanic Gardens and Friends of the Botanic Gardens. Duties include coordinating fundraising events, maintaining the membership database, and performing general office duties. The incumbent must possess strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments.
Minimum Requirements: Demonstrated organization skills, with strict attention to detail and ability to organize tasks, documents and materials with efficiency and accuracy. Demonstrated skill in using computer applications, including MS Word, Excel and Access. Ability to set priorities and work independently managing multiple tasks with frequent interruptions. Ability to work effectively as an individual, as a team member, and with diverse groups, including other staff, students, donors and volunteers using tact and diplomacy.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Work experience in an institution of higher education.
2. Demonstrated compute proficiency in MS Office (various applications).
3. Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview