Institutional Research Analyst 3
Salary: $60,100 - $89,200
Title: Institutional Research Analyst 3
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Institutional Research
Date Posted: 06/12/2017
Position Information: This position has been designated for a Career Ladder recruitment (two openings), which means the hiring department can recruit and fill this role at different levels within the position classification series. This position is currently posted as Institutional Research Analyst 3 (job #201703206282) and Institutional Research Analyst 4 (job #201705247962). Applicants are encouraged to review both positions to determine the best match for their skills and experience. All applicants will be assessed based on the minimum requirements for the level(s) for which they applied. If you wish to be considered in both pools or are unsure, please apply for both positions. As part of the Institutional Research (IR) team, the successful candidate will have the creativity, resourcefulness, technical skills and the statistical know-how to dive into the data and enable leadership to make data-informed decisions on how to align our resources to the outcomes that matter most - student success and the creation of knowledge. Intellectually curious and comfortable working in an evolving environment. Enjoys seeking well-defined answers to challenging and ambiguous questions. The IR Analyst will have a diverse set of responsibilities, ranging from mastering the structure of campus information systems to extract relevant data to writing briefing notes for general campus consumption that share methodologies and key findings.
Minimum Requirements: Able to provide good judgment, decision-making, and problem solving.
Requires active listening, critical thinking, good interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
Requires ability to present information in a clear concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Requires general knowledge in data collection and analysis techniques; statistics or social science research techniques; knowledge of common organization-specific computer application programs; knowledge of organizational principles and procedures involved in handling sensitive data (for example, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, or FERPA).
Preferred Qualifications: Understanding of organizational rules and regulations.
Ability to work with internal and external constituents to identify and clarify data requests, select appropriate data, analysis techniques, and deliverables within given timelines.
Knowledge of common institutional research reports, external surveys, governmental obligations, and ad hoc needs.
Knowledge of higher education issues related to student success and/or first-generation, low income, and/or underrepresented minority students.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview