Salary: $48,800 - $60,700
Title: HOSS Supervisor
Category: Management and Professional
Date Posted: 04/14/2017
Position Information: The Highlander One Stop Shop (HOSS) Supervisor is primarily responsible for ensuring the HOSS counter continues to provide excellent customer service by meeting the needs of the UCR community in the governing areas of Undergraduate Admissions, Office of the Registrar, Financial Aid, and Student Business Services. The HOSS Supervisor acquires and maintains a thorough knowledge of the student services departments to address the wide range of inquiries that require an in-depth knowledge of various systems, processes, and federal and state regulations. The HOSS Supervisor maintains a high level of organization in the administration of duties with frequent interruptions and adjusts priorities as circumstances dictate. The incumbent must also be able to work independently, use sound professional judgment, and work in a diverse environment.
Minimum Requirements: Problem identification, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; judgment and decision-making ability. Ability to assess processes and implement improvements.
Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with campus departments, UC campuses and external agencies.
Organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Experience using complex databases; ability to define specifications for database programming. Proficiency manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data.
Specialized knowledge of particular Registrar core function(s).
Working knowledge of policies, regulations, and practices with registration management, student records management and retention.
Working knowledge of advising and counseling techniques to deal with challenging issues from constituents.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Active listening skills. Customer service orientation. Interpersonal skills.
Proficiency with standard office software internet, and email applications.
Ability to interpret policy and develop procedures to ensure compliance in a diverse learning community.
Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs.
Working knowledge of University policies, processes, and procedures, including those related to supervising employees, and of Federal and California laws pertaining to the privacy rights of students and access to student information.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview