Communications & Records Supervisor
Salary: $53,700 - $79,800
Title: Communications & Records Supervisor
Category: Management and Professional
Date Posted: 02/13/2017
Position Information: Under the direction of the Police Lieutenant, the Communications & Records Supervisor will supervise the Police Communications Center, a 24 hour/7 day per week operation with dispatch staff. The full range of supervision includes: determining staffing levels, recruiting/hiring, assigning work and work schedules, performance management, records management, and statistical reporting. The Communications & Records Supervisor ensures that all Public Safety Dispatchers meet the bi-annual Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST) continuing professional training requirements; and coordinates the equipment and service delivery for various communications systems (e.g. CAD/RMS systems and campus alarms).
Minimum Requirements: Ability to supervise and train assigned staff in the relevant and necessary aspects of their duties.
Ability to safely operate motor vehicles.
Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing.
Ability to operate computers and other relevant technology.
Experience performing all aspects of unit functions.
Working knowledge of the California Public Records Act and other law, regulation and University policy regarding police documentation and data.
Ability to manage and maintain records, forms, files, databases, and other information in accordance with storage, security and retention requirements.
Skill and ability to compile and analyze data and statistics for departmental, campus, reports or other purposes as assigned.
Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload, high call volume, interruptions and competing priorities and requirements.
Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge and/or experience with POST standards and training.
Knowledge of the Jeanne Clery Act.
Knowledge of DOJ reporting requirements.
Working knowledge and familiarity with the California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (CLETS).
Working knowledge and/or experience providing fiscal administration support; development of policy, budget and other planning for the unit.
Knowledge of UCR campus locations, policies and procedures.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview