Pharmacist Program Coordinator/UKHC
The University of Kentucky Healthcare (UKHC) Enterprise department of Pharmacy Services is seeking a Pharmacist Program Coordinator of Medication Safety & Quality. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to: participating in the development and implementation of performance and quality improvement activities related to medication use safety for Pharmacy Services and the Enterprise; actively participating in the development and optimization of technologies to promote medication use safety and efficiency; conducting medication safety rounds and participating in accreditation tracers for UKHC Enterprise; coordinating the review and investigation and coding of medication-related incident events reported via the Safety Intelligence System (SI); and providing education and promotion of safe medication practices.
Pharmacist Program Coordinator/UKHC
Pharmacist Program Coordinator/UKHC - Medication Safety & Quality
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to and over 25lbs; occasionally standing or walking with objects up to 15lbs; sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time while performing repetitive motions (such as typing); standing for extended periods of time, sometimes greater than 5 hours per day; and traversing several miles across and on campus for meetings and work on a regular basis.
Monday - Friday; 7:30am - 4:00p. Some holidays and weekends per business needs.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of inpatient drug distribution; and knowledge of pharmacy and healthcare related regulations and standards.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
PGY1 and/or PGY2 Residency in Med Safety, Administration, or equivalent experience.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you licensed or eligible to be licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Kentucky?
- * Have you obtained your Pharm D?
- * How many years of experience do you have practicing as a licensed pharmacist?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter