Behavioral Health Specialist/UKHC
The University of Kentucky Healthcare (UKHC) Enterprise is seeking a Behavioral Health Specialist. The Behavioral Health Specialist will support the care of patients on medical surgical units who have psychiatric, behavioral, and/ or substance use issues. This nurse will act as an expert resource and work collaboratively with the psychiatric and addiction consult services. This nurse will support patient care through direct nursing consultation, coaching/mentoring, learning needs assessment, formal and informal education, and providing guidance to the nurses and team.
Behavioral Health Specialist/UKHC
Behavioral health specialist
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to and over 10lbs; occasionally standing or walking with objects up to 15lbs; regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time while performing repetitive motions (such as typing); standing for extended periods of time; and interacting with staff, faculty, students, patients, and the public.
11:00am - 11:00pm.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced RN, hold a BSN, and will have strong interpersonal skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
BSN with 3 years' experience in behavioral health or psychiatric nursing, certification in psychiatric nursing preferably in an inpatient hospital setting.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience working in a behavioral health role.
- more than 0, up through 1 year
- more than 1 year, up through 3 years
- more than 3 years, up through 5 years
- more than 5 years
- * Please describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter