Career Advisor I
The Gatton College of Business and Economics is seeking a Career Advisor to work in the Graham Office of Career Management. Career Advisors provide individual career counseling sessions to graduate and undergraduate students focused on all levels of the career development process. This includes, career assessment, career exploration, decision-making, internships, resume development, job search strategies, interviewing skills, job offer evaluation, salary negotiation, and graduate school planning. This position provides leadership and coordination of the internship program and related courses. Other responsibilities include supporting recruiting events, workshops, and classroom presentation as well as serving as the Graham Office liaison to Gatton student organizations.
A graduate degree in counseling, higher education, business or related fiend is highly preferred. At least three years of relevant experience. Preferred credentials include certification in counseling as well as with career assessment tools such as the MBTI and SII.
The Graham Office of Career Management and the Undergraduate Resource Center in the Gatton College are comprised of over 20 professionals who work closely with other units in the College in preparing students to translate their curricular and co-curricular experiences into 21st century careers. In Gatton, we are looking for staff members that embody a level of excellence that supports our tagline of "Blue Means Business". Please consider joining Gatton's dynamic team of career advising professionals. To learn more about the University of Kentucky and the Gatton College please visit http://gatton.uky.edu/jobs.
Career Advisor I
8F040:B&E Undergraduate Center
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing, pulling up to 10 lbs. and
long periods of sitting; long periods exposure to CPU; some travel.
Days, some nights/weekends.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Experience with career assessment preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How familiar are you with higher education internship guidelines and practices (NACE guidelines, department of labor internship regulations)?
- I don't have any knowledge of this content at this time
- I have some basic knowledge, but not experience with this content area
- I have basic knowledge and basic experience in this content area
- I have moderate knowledge and experience in this content area
- I have significant knowledge and experience in this area
- * How would you rate your presentation skills (regarding public speaking and/or teaching experience)?
- It is a growing edge for me. With experience I could improve.
- I have good presentation skills, but little experience with these skills on the job.
- I have good presentation skills and over a year of experience with these skills on the job.
- I have excellent presentation skills and over a year of a year of experience with these skills on the job.
- * How many years of experience do you have with career services management software such as NACElink?
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter