Assistant Director, Employer Engagement and Recruiting
Career Services executes a comprehensive strategy to deliver best-in-class career development programs to Occidental College students and alumni. To learn more about the Hameetman Career Center, please watch our video by clicking on the following link or copy and paste the link into a web browser http://www.oxy.edu/hameetman-career-center/hcc-video-overview and go to our webpage at http://www.oxy.edu/hameetman-career-center
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director, Employer and Alumni Engagement, the Assistant Director for Employer Engagement and Recruiting will be responsible for the following:
Employer Engagement & Recruiting
- Developing and creating momentum for the expansion of on-campus recruiting and industry specific career events.
- Designing and implementing in-person and virtual industry focused events to meet the complex career aspirations of Occidental’s liberal arts students.
- Providing innovative and creative ideas to expand full-time job opportunities and employer experiences for students throughout Los Angeles and nationwide.
- Planning and organizing logistics for employer and industry events.
- Collaborating with Career Services staff to develop and execute the strategic plan.
- Managing and maintaining the career center’s web-based employment management system by regularly reviewing and updating incoming job leads, acting as the liaison to employers who post opportunities, and communicating job posts to Oxy students.
- Representing Occidental College at local and national organizations, as needed.
- Maintaining and updating students and other Career Services staff on new and updated policies and procedures related to the on-campus recruitment process.
- Leading and managing the senior, multi-year out, and summer experience surveys to evaluate satisfaction and outcomes, as well as producing annual reports based on the findings.
- Tracking and analyzing employment data for recent graduates.
- Analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and drawing conclusions based on results.
- Evaluating peer group institutions programs to ensure that Oxy programs position students for career success.
- Support the Career Education and Counseling team by providing career counseling support for students during walk-in hours, and as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a combination of campus recruiting, career services, program management, event management, or other related fields.
- Innovative thinker with strong competencies in all aspects of the career development process.
- Experience providing career counseling to an undergraduate college-age population, ideally with students pursuing liberal arts degrees.
- Experience in administering annual surveys, and analyzing data. Experience with Qualtrics strongly desired.
- High attention to detail with regards to maintaining and tracking employment outcomes.
- Demonstrated competency in translating employer hiring needs and interview requirements to students and career counselors.
- A high level of professionalism required, with strong interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and sustain strong relationships and partnerships with employers; alumni; human resources professionals; fundraising professionals; donors; admissions; faculty; other key members of the campus community.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks with ease.
- Team player with a strong ability to work in a collaborative, high performance team environment.
- Experience using a career management system such as Symplicity or Handshake strongly desired.
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint; database management software; desktop publishing software; and internet research.
- Experience conducting virtual recruiting sessions and webinars, desired.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance