Nutrition Educator (Johnson County - Olathe, Kansas)
General Description of Position: K-State Research and Extension’s SNAP-Ed Program in Johnson County is seeking a part time Nutrition Educator (.5 FTE). This position is located in Olathe, Kansas.
The SNAP-Ed Program is a statewide nutrition education program that is funded through the USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly known as the Food Stamp Program) and administered by Kansas State University Research and Extension.
The successful candidate for the Program Assistant position will:
- Plan, develop, coordinate and deliver nutrition education programming.
- Deliver nutrition education to SNAP eligible clients.
- Develop partnerships and contacts with local service agencies, school districts and other community agencies.
- Participate in local coalitions/collaborations that would benefit the education of limited resource clients.
- Report to Johnson County Family & Consumer Sciences Agent.
- Prepare SNAP-Ed report of activities for submission to state SNAP-Ed Office and county Extension board and keep track of financial records for the program.
- Attend SNAP-Ed and other training as needed to enhance professional skills in reaching this audience.
- Serve as a public relations representative for the program and K-State Research and Extension in Johnson County.
- Attend SNAP-Ed and other training as needed to obtain information on about programs and how to deliver them to this audience.
This appointment is contingent upon continuing availability of funding and need for these services.Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. Required Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Nutrition, Family & Consumer Sciences, Education are preferred) (or work equivalent) Other Qualifications: Knowledge about low income audience; people skills; demonstrated leadership skills in delivery of educational programs; organizational skills, willingness to work with others; and knowledge of subject matter material. The candidate must have valid Driver’s License, insurance and reliable transportation. Preferred Qualifications: Experience in similar program or providing nutrition education to limited resource families and youth; familiarity with K-State Research and Extension, with the KSRE health initiative, and the Family Nutrition Program; proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook, Word and online data entry; basic website content updating; and proficiency in presentation software such as PowerPoint or Prezi. Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit cover letter, resume, transcript, and two letters of reference with application.
For additional information, call 913-715-7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgScreening of Applications Begins: Screening of applicants will begin August 7th, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Salary Range / Pay Rate: $ 15.00 per hour Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.