Assistant Coach, Golf
Assistant Coach, Golf
Posting Number: S0364
Status: Awaiting Approval
Classification: Administrative/Professional Anticipated Length of Appointment:
Special area(s) of assignment (teaching/research/administration):
Willamette University invites applications for a part-time exempt position of Assistant Coach, Golf.
This is an exciting time at Willamette and we welcome you to join our team as we strive to provide students with an intercollegiate athletics experience that develops life skills by cultivating moral, physical, intellectual and emotional growth. In support of the mission and goals of Willamette University, our program strives to enhance the overall learning environment for scholar-athletes. GO Bearcats!
To learn more about the Athletics Department, staff, faculty and student please visit http://www.wubearcats.com
The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach in all aspects of running DIII NCAA golf programs. The assistant coach will help coach workouts, practices and competitions and work with player development. Other duties include administration of both the men's and women's team travel arrangements.
The Assistant Coach will work part-time during the year. This position is an exempt position, .63FTE working 25 hours per week. This position is eligible for medical/dental insurance, prorated sick and vacation accruals, a contribution of 10% of gross base pay from the University in exchange for a mandatory contribution of 1% by the employee, and paid prorated holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of importance or significance:
• Instruct, teach and coach student-athletes during practices and competitions.
• Serve as coach for one team when teams travel separately to competitions.
• Assistant coach will be available to both the men’s and the women’s programs for individual coaching during practice hours and at times will be responsible for executing practice plans on their own.
• Assist in organizing and facilitating team travel.
• Assist head coach with recruiting activities.
• Assist with any other administrative duties as directed by the Head Coach.
Additional Information/About the Department:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 2 years as part of a coaching staff, or 2 years of college golf experience
• Basic knowledge of Google, Google Docs, and social media
• Knowledge of and adherence to University policies, particularly as they apply to student safety and hazing
• Ability to effectively communicate in English both orally and in writing, including the ability to communicate instructions pertaining to athletic matters in both a classroom and an athletic coaching setting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the University and its programs, personnel, and philosophies
• Superior organizational skills
• Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Thorough knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA Div. III and Northwest Conference rules, policies, and procedures as they apply to the activities and programs within the incumbent’s designated sport
• Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain working relationships with other staff, faculty, and students
• Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the state of Oregon and a driving record insurable by the University’s insurer
• Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check
Thank you for considering a position within Willamette University (WU). Please note that you will need to create an account in order to apply, if this is your first time applying online with WU.
You will be asked to submit the following documents as part of your application materials:
• Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis.
• Current Resume
• As part of the application, please include a list of references (name, title, preferred contact information, and brief description working relationship to reference).
Application Deadline: Open until finalists are selected. Desired start date is July 5, 2017.
Open Date: 06/06/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Apply online at https://jobs.willamette.edu/postings/2359
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.