Assistant Coach, Women's Basketball
Assistant Coach, Women's Basketball
Posting Number: S0362
Status: Awaiting Approval
Classification: Administrative/Professional Anticipated Length of Appointment:
Special area(s) of assignment (teaching/research/administration):
Willamette University invites applications for an full-time exempt position of Assistant Coach, Women's Basketball.
This is an exciting time at Willamette and we welcome you to join our team as we strive to provide students with an intercollegiate athletics experience that develops life skills by cultivating moral, physical, intellectual and emotional growth. In support of the mission and goals of Willamette University, our program strives to enhance the overall learning environment for scholar-athletes. GO Bearcats!
To learn more about the Athletics Department, staff, faculty and student please visit http://www.wubearcats.com
Assists Head Coach with all aspects of the women's basketball program, including, but not limited to, individual player development, teaching position skillwork, planning and execution of practice and games, opponent scouts, on and off-campus recruiting, as well as various administrative duties for team travel and camp. This position will also serve as a Position Coach, the Director of Scouting and as Camp Director.
The Assistant Coach will work full-time during the year. This position is an exempt position, 1.00FTE working 40 hours per week. This position is eligible for medical/dental insurance, sick and vacation accruals, a contribution of 10% of gross base pay from the University in exchange for a mandatory contribution of 1% by the employee, tuition remission, and paid holidays.
Salary Range: $23,000 to $25,000
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of importance or significance:
Teach assigned fundamentals and skills during practice and competition
On court coaching in practices and games
Assist Head Coach with administrative execution of program
Direct the summer camp program
On and Off- Campus Recruiting (all aspects and responsibilities)
Film Breakdown for all opponents
Additional Information/About the Department:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in collegiate basketball as either a player or coach or equivalent.
• Ability to learn and navigate recruiting and video software.
• Strong communication skills, verbal/written/social media are vital in dealing with our players and staff, as well as within the larger department, with alumni, and recruits and their families.
• Superior organizational skills required in order to set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to demonstrate creativity, sound judgment and decisionmaking, be an effective problem solver.
• Leadership skills to mentor and develop athletes.
• Strong interpersonal, motivational and team leadership skills to work effectively with athletic participants.
• Ability to delegate responsibility and supervise.
• Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain cordial working relations with other staff, faculty and students.
• Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the state of Oregon or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of hire date and satisfactory driving record insurable by the University’s insurer.
• Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check.
Thank you for considering a position within Willamette University (WU). Please note that you will need to create an account in order to apply, if this is your first time applying online with WU.
You will be asked to submit the following documents as part of your application materials:
• Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis.
• Current Resume
• As part of the application, please include a list of references (name, title, preferred contact information, and brief description working relationship to reference).
Application Deadline: Open until finalists are selected. Desired start date July 5, 2017.
Open Date: 06/06/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Apply online at https://jobs.willamette.edu/postings/2355
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.